Chapter 17

The Disney Parks Christmas Day Parade airs every year on Christmas day. It was always a tradition to wake up in the morning and go downstairs to watch the parade with my family as I opened up my presents. Back when I still lived in Virginia, Ace and I always watched the parade together. It has always been a dream to perform in the Parade since I basically grew up watching it.

"Mom but how? They already pre-recorded it back in November?"

"Sweetie, I have my connections. Now fly your ass to Florida, you got a performance to do." My mom says excitedly.

"Mom seriously though, how the hell am I performing if they already recorded the whole parade?"

"Apparently when they are editing all of the footage, they were short on a performance and since I have great connections, I offered you to perform and they gladly said yes."

"Okay, so when do you want me to fly to Orlando? I ask as I immediately get up and open my luggage to start packing.

"I want you to fly tomorrow and land here bright and early. They are going to start filming around the late afternoon."

I drop my luggage as soon as I heard the news, "Uhm... this is very soon." I was supposed to meet up with Emily today at the mall to start our Christmas shopping. Then tomorrow I was supposed to help Ace decorate his house for the Christmas party coming up.

"That's show business for you kid. Now hurry up, I already booked our rooms at the hotel and there is a two for one deal at the spa." She says.

"Are you already at the hotel?" I ask as I start looking for clothes to bring to Florida.

"Of course I am, I got here yesterday after I got the news. Uh, hold on Mia there- EXCUSE ME I TOLD YOU TO PUT MY BAGS ON A CART NOT ON THE FLOOR. DO YOU KNOW HOW MUCH THAT COSTS? MORE THEN YOUR DAMN PAY CHECK. Sorry sweetie let me call you back-"She says as she hangs up the phone.

-===--===-===-===-===--===--===-===-===-===--===--===-===-===-===--===--===-===-===-===--===--===

After fighting with an old lady for a parking spot, Emily and I finally made it inside the mall. I guess news spreads fast because everyone in the mall keeps talking about Mia Williams performing at the parade. Some people on social media thought I was dead due to me being inactive on Instagram. I didn't mean to forget about my fans, I just got caught up with being a normal kid that I completely forgot that I had millions of people wanting to know my every move.

"So I was thinking about getting my parents a new microwave since I broke the last one yesterday." Emily says as we walk into Sears.

"So uhm, how the hell did you break your microwave?" I asked as I tried not to laugh.

"Well... I guess putting pizza that is wrapped with tinfoil in the microwave is a bad idea. I thought that it might heat it up faster but I guess the microwave thought otherwise."

I bursted out laughing as Emily tells me to shut up because I am drawing too much attention. At one point we saw the same old lady from the parking lot giving us dirty looks as we walked past.

"So, what are you getting Ace for Christmas?" She asks as she looks at the different microwaves on display.

I got everyone gifts but Ace was the last person on the list. There are a lot of things that I want to give Ace, but I just don't want to overdo it. However, what if I get him something simple and then Ace goes all out with his gift.

"I have some gifts in mind but I just don't know yet."

"Alright well go start shopping because this is going to be hard trying to figure out which microwave to get." Emily sighs as tries to find an employee.

I made my way out of sears when all of the sudden I hear Ace calling my name. "Maya! Hey, what are you doing here?" He asks as he rushes over and hugs me.

"Well, I just needed to finish my Christmas shopping."

"Me too. So are you still down to help decorate my house tomorrow?" He asks as we start walking to the food court.

"Uhm, about that... I have to go to Orlando tomorrow."

He looks at me and say, "Orlando?"

"Yea... my mom isn't the best when it comes to giving news. She just told me this morning that I am going to Orlando."

"Wait, isn't Mia performing in Orlando?" He asks as we sit down.

"Oh... yeah, I am meeting her there since she is a bit nervous." I said as I try not to make eye contact.

Really Mia? She is a bit nervous? You freaking idiot... what the hell am I going to do now?

"You are going to miss the Christmas party though? Should we reschedule it for you?" He frowns.

I smile and say, "That would be amazing, thank you. I was afraid that I was going to miss the party."

"You could've said no to going to Orlando if you really didn't want to." He says as he grabs my hand.

"I can't, it is a really big deal for me..."

"It's a big deal for you to go to Florida to watch her perform?" He asks.

"Well it's a big deal for her to perform at the parade. She would always say that it is her dream to perform at that Disney parade." I say without sounding suspicious.

"Yeah I guess so... We used to watch that thing every Christmas before she left." He smiles as gets up from his chair. "Anyways, I have to finish Christmas shopping and I know you have to as well."

"Okay Ace, guess I will see you in a few days." I say as I hug him

He hugs back and says," See you soon." He kisses my forehead and begin to go our separate ways.

Now... time to find the perfect gift for Ace.

When do you think Mia is going Ace the truth?