Chapter 40

"Hello to all of my beautiful lovelies, Julio here. Welcome back to Julio's wonderful life. In today's video, we are going to be visiting THE Mia Williams's hometown." Julio excitedly says as he flips the camera towards me.

I smiled awkwardly as I waved at the camera.

Julio flips the camera back to him. "Right now we are currently on the way to her grandparent's house. It is also the house she grew up in. The lovely Roger over here is driving us, say hello Roger." He says as he points the camera towards Roger.

"Hello, I clearly don't get paid enough for this but it's the thought that counts I guess." Roger shrugged his shoulders as my Mother slaps him from the passenger seat.

"We would pay you more if you would just keep that smart mouth shut." Mom scolded.

"Your the one to talk, your smart mouth is the reason why half of Los Angeles hates you." Roger scoffed as we all laugh at my mom's reaction.

"Half of LA does not hate me... if anything they are just jealous." She said as she crossed her arms in protest.

"Jealous of what exactly?" I asked.

"My talent." She simply said as Roger and I exchanged looks.

"You have talent?" Matthew asked as we all laughed except my mom.

Julio switches the camera back and forth to get the whole conversation as Matthew, Roger and my mom get into an argument. Sofia and I talked for the rest of the car ride until we arrived at the house.

"Look everyone, this house is so cute." Julio gushes as he gets out of the car.

"Julio, don't you have like 10 subscribers." Sofia said.

"I actually have 10,000 subscribers, thank you very much. Hopefully after this video I will get more since Mia is in it." Julio said as he points the camera back at me.

Roger opens the trunk as he pulls out the two gowns. I watched as my mom nervously looks back at me.

"Do you think they still hate me?" My mom asks.

"Yes." Roger simply says as he locks the car.

Mom sends him a deadly glare and looks back at me.

"They will warm up to you don't worry." I said as we all walked up to the front door. I pressed the doorbell and waited for someone to open the door.

The door opens, revealing my Grandma in an apron.

"Mia! Oh my goodness, what are you doing here sweetie?" She asked as she pulled me into a tight hug.

"We are going to Prom Bitches!" Sofia yelled as she threw her hands up in the air.

We all walked in as Julio continues to film. He walks around the house in awe, leaving the rest of us in the living room.

"What's all the commotion Honey?" Grandpa asked as he walks into the living room. He instantly smiles as he sees me. "Hey sweetie, I thought you were going to be staying in California?" He asked as he gave me a hug.

"I wanted to come back for Prom and also my friends." I said.

"I see you brought your mother." Grandma said in disgust as she crosses her arms.

"Where's John?" My mom asks.

"He should be coming home soon. The shop wasn't as busy today." Grandpa said as he sat down on the couch.

"Uh I'm just gonna go see where Julio went." Matthew awkwardly says as he walks around the house to find him.

"Im just gonna set these gowns down in your room." Roger said as he walks up the stairs.

Sofia watches as the two leave the awkward tension. "I think Mia and I should go get ready since we only have a few hours left till Prom." She blurted our as she drags me upstairs.

"Do you think they are going to makeup?" Sofia asks as she takes the gown out of the garment bag.

Roger leaves the room as he dials a number on his phone.

"Most likely. My grandparents are very forgiving people and my Mom wants to change for the better." I said as I took my dress out of the bag.

"Should we go get Julio? She says as she starts putting the dress on.

"Probably, I hope he didn't break anything." I said as I slipped on my gown.

As we both finish getting dressed, the door swings open. Julio stands there smiling as Matthew sighs in relief.

"Time got get #Glam!" Julio excitedly says.

"They both already have makeup on." Matthew says as he gestures to the both of us.

"Sweetie, I was talking about me." He sassily says as sits in front of the vanity.

We all finished getting and watched as Julio came back in the room with a glitter tuxedo.

"Did JoJo Siwa throw up all over you?" Matthew joked.

Julio scoffed, "That is so offensive. This is limited edition made by a famous designer in Switzerland."

"He needs to find a new job then." Sofia said as she inspects his outfit.

"Are we all ready to go?" Julio asked as he twirls around in circles.

"Yes. We are all ready, now let's go." Matthew said as he pushes us all out of the room.

Matthew walks down the stairs as Julio follows. As I am about to walk down the stairs, Sofia pulls me back.

"We have to wait till they call us down, we need a grand entrance?" Sofia says as she smooths down her gown.

We hear the front door creak open.

"Maria? What are you doing here?" My dad asked as he closes the door.

"John." She said as she got up from the dining table and walked towards him. "Mia came back so she can go to Prom."

"And you let her?" He asked as he raised his eyebrow.

"I decided to give her more freedom since I have been a bit restrictive over her for the past few years."

Grandma snickered, "Right when she is about to turn 18 you decide to give her some space.

"Carol, we have been talking about everything for the past 30 minutes." Mom said.

"I applaud your decision to be more open and caring but your past decisions were stupid. Forgive but never forget." Grandma replied.

"So where is Mia?" Dad asked as he looks around.

"Wait... can I go back upstairs for a dramatic entrance?" Julio asked as he got up. "Matthew, record this for me." He said as he shoved his camera in his face as he rushes upstairs to us.

"I guess I will announce them then." Roger says as Matthew starts recording. "Presenting, the amazing Julio."

Julio slowly walks down the stairs as he slowly waves and smiles. Blowing a kiss to the camera and winking.

"And now... for the moment we have all been waiting for. Ladies and gentlemen, Mia Williams And Sofia Arnold!" He enthusiastically said.

Sofia walked down first, making sure to be extra as possible.

I followed her, as I made eye contact with my dad. His eyes light up in awe as he watches his only daughter all grown up .

-=+=-
This chapter isn't good but next chapter is the Prom.