Chapter Nine

Disclaimer: All characters are not mine. No copyright infringement was intended. Thank you to Stephenie Meyers for creating Edward and Bella for our enjoyment. I just like playing with them, making them my own ... even for just a little while.

We'll continue the date in the next chapter. It'll still be in Bella's POV. Will they kiss? Will they do more? Will she discover who he really is?

Chapter Nine

Bella

"I hope you don't mind, but I want to spoil you," Masen said. "I'm cooking for you for dinner. A family recipe, that I hope you like, Bella."

"Are we going to your place?" I asked. He blushed, nodding with a crooked grin. "Awfully presumptuous, Masen. Are you going to take advantage of me?"

"Never, cherie," he said, shaking his head emphatically. "You just take care of everyone. I want to take care of you." He held up his hand, squeezing my fingers, which were threaded with mine. "I promise not to do anything to make you uncomfortable. If you do, Jake, my driver and one of my good friends, will drive you back to the bakery."

"Okay," I said. "That seems fair. Where do you live?"

"I'm staying in the Gevalian condo at Central Park West," he answered. "It's usually used for visiting dignitaries and diplomats." We made our way over the Brooklyn Bridge and soon, we pulled up to a posh building. Masen got out, helping me to my feet. He spoke briefly to Jake, who nodded and waved at us before pulling away.

"Where's he going?" I asked.

"He's parking the car," Masen answered, opening the door and punched in a code to open the inner door. Taking my hand, he threaded our fingers together. We walked through the sleek lobby and went to the elevators, riding up to the top floor. Walking out of the car, Masen unlocked the door and gestured for me to enter. I bit my lip, holding my bouquet to my chest. The condo was gorgeous, decorated elegantly and was easily three times the size of the bakery. "Bella, don't be timid."

"I ... this place is so nice," I said, trying not to put myself down.

"With you in it, it is," he said, tugging on my hand and pulling me into the condo. "Would you like something to drink? Wine? Water? Soda? Tequila?"

"Water, for now," I giggled.

"Can I take your jacket?" he asked. I nodded and wriggled out of the leather jacket. He slid off his own jacket, putting them both into a closet. He took my hand, guiding me to a beautiful kitchen. He helped me onto a stool. He put a glass of water in front of me, along with some appetizers, expensive cheeses, various meats, olives, crackers and crusty bread. "I hope you're aren't a vegetarian."

"No, I like meat," I answered. "Why?"

"I'm making boeuf bourguignon. It was a favorite of mine when I was a kid," he smiled, checking whatever was simmering on the stove. It filled the condo and it smelled delicious. "I started it earlier today since it needed to cook through. I just need to make the side dish since I wanted to ask you if you preferred potatoes or pasta."

"What did you like when you were a kid?" I asked.

"It should be potatoes, but I'm partial to pasta," he answered.

"Then, let's do that," I smiled, sipping my water and making a plate for myself. Masen beamed, working easily in the kitchen and boiling the water for the pasta. He also opened up a bottle of red wine, saying it needed to breathe. "Did you work today?"

"I had meetings in the morning but had the afternoon free to get ready for our date," he answered, a crooked grin spreading over his perfect features. "How was your day? Who was that tall woman, with the glasses?"