Chapter Thirty-One

Disclaimer: All characters are not mine. No copyright infringement was intended. Thank you to Stephenie Meyer for creating Edward and Bella for our enjoyment. I just like playing with them, making them my own ... even for just a little while.

I don't normally like using alternate POVs, but I think we need to get into Alice's mind. She's a back-stabbing bitch and we're going to find out her reasoning. Without further ado, here's the next chapter.

Chapter Thirty-One

Alice

I was in my room.

No, wait.

I was in my prison cell with a queen-sized bed, a duvet cover, feather pillows and my dad's girlfriend.

Ugh, Linda ... can't stand that bitch! If I have to smell her cloying, noxious perfume for another goddamned minute? I swear I'm going to cut a bitch.

While I was sitting in my room, I was being watched by my warden, Renata. She was barely taller than me, but she wielded a key, locking me inside and held the combination to the safe which held my cell phone. Ever since I was a 'person of interest' in that whole tabloid scam, I was not to be trusted.

I was shocked, to be honest.

I was stunned that I was given as much freedom as I'd received.

Suckers.

Though, I thought I was more careful. I'd played the 'role' of a loving, caring sister and doting daughter to the best of my ability upon my return from forced exile. Even though, I wanted to slit my wrists with how fake I was being. I hated my family. I abhorred my life. A sister who was 'sainted' and a father who was loser and was unable to provide for me. I'm the kid. My needs should be met, damn it! I shouldn't be forced into indentured servitude because my dad's hands shake uncontrollably and he could barely walk at times.

Regardless, I'd hoped that the 'screen' would hold true.

Yeah, that would be a no.

I picked a decent-looking servant who had a sob story and close to my age, losing his brother in some godforsaken, unnecessary war and an obvious bone to pick with the royal family. I led him on, had some really bad sex and gained access to the palace's phone system with his personalized code. I said that I needed to call my best friend, but in reality, I was eager to spill the beans on my skank sister.

I had a phone number and email address of an owner of a tabloid blog. It had been texted to me by an unknown number prior to my departure to Gevalia, along with a name. I reached out to Laurent and told him all about how Isabella spread her whore legs to entrap Prince Edward Anthony Masen Cullen. She was not worthy of royalty. She was not worthy of anything. I couldn't stand her and her sanctimonious, holier-than-thou martyr thing she had going on.

Boo hoo, you have to work seven days a week. It's called being an adult, honey.

Bella made my life hell, forcing me to work her shifts at the bakery and now? It's my turn to return the favor.

According to dear old Dad, Bella was a lifesaver. She gave up her dreams of being a teacher to move back home to save the bakery. Yes, Charlie was sick. But, it wasn't fatal or anything. So, what, if he almost cut off his fingers because his hands were trembling so much? He should have sold the bakery. But, no. He worked with Bella and they tried to save it.

Yes, it was our legacy.

No, it was their legacy.

My legacy was to leave New York as soon as possible. I should have left, hitchhiking my way to California when Dad kicked me out all those months ago.