Chapter Fourteen

Disclaimer: All characters are not mine. No copyright infringement was intended. Thank you to Stephenie Meyer for creating Edward and Bella for our enjoyment. I just like playing with them, making them my own ... even for just a little while.

We're going to hear from Masen next ... we're going to backtrack to when he woke up until this moment and moving forward.

Chapter Fourteen

Masen

Never in my wildest dreams did I expect to fall in love with Isabella Swan. She was everything I'd ever hoped for, ever dreamed of, wrapped up in a smart, snarky, sexy, beautiful package. Holding her in my arms was what I wished for and more and I knew I never wanted to let her go. Her body was curled against mine and she was sleeping so soundly, barely moving as I just watched her. Her rest was deep, and she barely roused even though I was pretty restless.

I was giddy as a school boy, seeing his first pair of tits when I had Bella in my bed, my room, my condo, nearly naked. Hell, Bella's were the best set I'd ever seen. Her entire body was gorgeous, sensual, lithe and so very responsive to my touch. She was everything womanly and feeling her pressed against me made me realize that I couldn't ever lose her.

Even if I had to abdicate my throne.

Though, Bella's lineage of being partially Gevalian definitely sided in her favor. As far as I knew, she'd never been married and after our conversation, she was not a virgin, but her ex-boyfriend was a selfish bastard for not wanting to give pleasure to the most beautiful creature that I held in my arms. Two out of three of the criteria my mother imposed upon me isn't that bad.

But, my mother was a hypocrite. She was pregnant with me when she walked down the aisle to marry my father. They just fudged the dates, saying I was born premature.

See? Hypocritical!

My eyes were drooping, and I held her closer, pressing a kiss to her neck, just below her ear. I could smell her subtle perfume, along with a delectable combination of vanilla and cinnamon from working in the bakery. I sighed against her skin. "I love you, cherie," I whispered against her pulse point. She held me closer, her lips curling up into a soft smile, as if she'd heard me. Within moments, I was asleep.

However, when I woke up, I was confused. I looked next to me, expecting to see a sleep-rumpled Bella, but she was nowhere to be found and her side of the bed was cold to the touch. She'd been gone for a long time. I scrubbed my face, leaning against the headboard. My vision cleared up and I saw Bella's dress on the couch. Her jewelry that I'd given her was on the nightstand. I shook my head, getting up and walking to the bathroom. I took a quick shower before making my way out to the kitchen, holding her pendant and earrings in my palm. Jake was sitting there, reading the paper. "Have you seen Bella?" I asked.

"She left," he answered, arching a brow. "At like four this morning, wearing some of your clothes and looking very upset."

"Do you know what happened?" I asked, confused by her disappearance. "And what were you doing up at four in the morning?"

"I went for a run," he shrugged. "I need to keep this buff bod in shape for my wifey." I rolled my eyes. "Anyway, I was on my way back when I saw Bella in the lobby. She was scurrying out of here, getting into a waiting cab and heading toward Brooklyn." I gestured to him ... encouraging him to go on. I knew he had more information. "So, pushy, your princeliship."

"Don't make me pummel you," I growled.

"I'd love to see you try, Mase," Jake laughed. "But, I do have more information. What kind of fed would I be if I left you hanging?" He got up, grabbing his computer. "Okay, I know you're far more trusting than me, but I had her house bugged and a trace on her cell phone after that day when I fixed her lock. You know, just in case ..."