Chapter Fifty-Five: Epilogue Two

Disclaimer: All characters are not mine. No copyright infringement was intended. Thank you to Stephenie Meyer for creating Edward and Bella for our enjoyment. I just like playing with them, making them my own ... even for just a little while.

This is it, folks. The final chapter for A Modern-Day Fairy Tale. It will be a future take of Royalward ... His coronation is loosely based on the coronation practices of the English monarchy. Thank you, again, Alec, for your royal expertise. Wikipedia, you've been helpful in providing me the nuances of a royal coronation.

Chapter Fifty-Five: Epilogue Two

Five Years Later

Masen

"Your Highness, Her Majesty is on line one for you," my new assistant, Renata, said from the doorway.

"Thank you, Renata," I replied, picking up the phone. "Hello, Mother."

"Hello, Masen," she said. "Congratulations on getting that education reformation bill passed. Isabella must be so proud. With all of these changes, Gevalia is becoming one of the leaders in education. It's all because of her."

"She definitely was the catalyst for these reforms," I chuckled. "But, she wasn't the cause. She just pointed out the issues and we worked to make a change. How are you, Mother?"

"I'm very good. Planning a charity event for medical research," she said. "Charlie's helping, along with Linda."

"More Parkinson's funding?" I asked.

"Not just Parkinson's, but other neurologic disorders," she explained. "We're finalizing details, but it will be after Emmett's wedding to Rosalie. So, sometime in October. Anyway, I didn't call you just to talk about the charity event. Can you and Bella come over for dinner after mass?"

"Everything okay?" I questioned.

"Everything's fine, Masen," she chuckled. "I just miss my oldest son and my daughter."

"Okay, Mom. We'll be there," I nodded.

"Masen, I love you," she whispered.

"Love you, too, Mom," I replied, hanging up the phone and arching a brow. Shaking my head, I called for my assistant.

"Yes, Your Highness?" Renata chirped.

I'd hired Renata when Heidi expressed an interest to moving to Bella's team as her publicist. I was sad to see her go, but my wife and Heidi had formed a close bond. They were more than just an employee and employer; they were friends and confidantes. With Angela living in New York with her now husband, Bella needed a close friend. She was close with Rosalie, but their relationship was different. They were friendly, but more akin to sisters than friends. In a way, Rosalie became the sister she'd lost in Alice.

"Prince Edward?" Renata prodded.

"My apologies, Renata," I grinned. "Do I have any more appointments today?"

"No, Your Highness," she said, checking her tablet. "Shall I call for your car?"

"Yes, please," I said, packing up my laptop and sliding on my suit coat. I heard her call for Felix and I checked my diary for my schedule for the day following. I had a few meetings with the leaders of the various committees, but no full parliamentary proceedings until after Emmett and Rosalie's wedding in October, about a month away.

"Have a good night, Your Highness," Renata murmured.

"You, too, Renata. Say hello to your girlfriend for me and thank her for me for the book," I grinned, sliding my bag over my shoulder. She waved at me as I slipped out of my office. My bodyguard in the parliament building, a fresh-faced man named Carter, followed me to the exit. I nodded at him as I slid into the bullet-proof Range Rover. "Hey, Felix."