Chapter Twenty-Six

Disclaimer: All characters are not mine. No copyright infringement was intended. Thank you to Stephenie Meyer for creating Edward and Bella for our enjoyment. I just like playing with them, making them my own ... even for just a little while.

Sooooo ... we're in Gevalia and preliminary findings indicate that Queen Esme likes Bella. We'll hear more from Bella in two chapters. I want to stay with Masen for the next chapter so we can have a discussion with Emmett. Will he open up to his brother? I'm also planning on have an AlicePOV, too ... but later on while we're in Gevalia.

Chapter Twenty-Six

Masen

Early the next morning, I woke up to my alarm. Bella grumbled, burrowing deeper into the pillows. I kissed her, seeing a message waiting on my private line. I got out of bed and pulled on a t-shirt. I walked to my private office and accessed my messages. It was Felix telling me my schedule. I jotted down the handful of meetings I needed to attend, but for the most part it was a lazy day.

Dialing Felix's extension, I placed an order for breakfast and said that Bella and I would be down in a couple of hours.

"I do apologize for the early call, your highness," Felix said quietly. "It's just your mother wanted to verify that you'd still attend the Christmas Eve event at the children's hospital and your father was insistent that you meet Prince Emmett."

"Can you arrange for Bella to have dinner with her family while I spend some time with my brother?" I asked. "I want to show her everything Gevalia has to offer, but ..."

"He's your brother, your highness. I understand," Felix responded. "I'll handle it all."

"Thank you, Felix," I smiled. "Can you also see if we can get some holiday decorations in the manor? It's very un-Christmasy."

"I'll make those arrangements, too," he chuckled. "It's good to have you back, your highness. I've missed you."

"Thanks, Felix. I think," I snorted.

"Goodness, that came out misconstrued," Felix sputtered. "I have missed you, as a leader, a friend and my future king. It hasn't been the same since you left for America. There was an energy in the palace that could only come from you. I know that your parents missed you tremendously. Anyway, you're back, even if you're here for a short time ... I'll let you go. Breakfast will be served at half past ten in the manor dining room." He hung up before I could thank him again.

Padding back to the bedroom, I checked on Bella. She was buried under the duvet cover and curled around my pillow. I crawled into bed, sliding my arms around her tiny waist. "Too. Early," she muttered. "Sleep. More."

"You're adorable in the morning, cherie," I whispered, kissing her neck. "I remember when you were up before the sun to work in the bakery."

"I got spoiled by a hot prince sweeping me off my feet," she giggled, turning around and grinning at me. "Why did your alarm go off at o'dark thirty?"

"Usually, I work out before I go to work," I said. "But, I can think of better ways to exercise."

"What's that, your majesty?" she purred.

"Loving you," I growled, kissing her mouth. I moved the covers down and revealed her sleep rumpled clothes on her deliciously sexy body. She moaned against my lips as she tugged on my t-shirt.

"We won't be interrupted, will we?" she asked, tossing my shirt onto the floor.

"We're free until half past ten, cherie. Hours of me languishing your body with orgasms," I said, inching her camisole up to reveal her pert, bare breast. I cupped it with my hand, wrapping my lips around the pink bud.