Chapter Thirty-Seven

Disclaimer: All characters are not mine. No copyright infringement was intended. Thank you to Stephenie Meyer for creating Edward and Bella for our enjoyment. I just like playing with them, making them my own ... even for just a little while.

Cliff hanger ... and a bit of drama. What will happen with Bella's conversation with Rosalie?

Chapter Thirty-Seven

Masen

"If possible, I'd like to talk to her. My brother, Emmett, really cared for her and was heartbroken when she disappeared," I frowned. "I can understand why ..."

"Rosalie felt like she wasn't worthy of anything. If it weren't for the baby she was carrying, my daughter would have ended her life," Lillian sneered. "If she was dating your brother, she probably felt like she wasn't worthy. She said during her statement that she was used goods, not capable of any love."

Bella growled lowly and her hands clenched into tight fists. I reached over to her hand, threading our fingers together. "I can't even begin to fathom what she's going through," I muttered.

"And Masen, as much as you may want to speak to Rose, she is not comfortable around men," Lillian said, her nose wrinkled. "She's had panic attacks around men who aren't her father. Even with Roger, the man who loves her more than his own life, she's jumpy and won't let him touch her. She'll, at least, be in the same room with him."

"Can I try?" Bella said, giving Lillian an understanding smile. "I've never been in her situation, but I'd like to try. Emmett more than just cared for her. I know for a fact that he loved her." Bella bit her lip, waiting patiently. "Please?"

After a few moments, Lillian nodded. "Come on. I'll take you upstairs to meet her. Though, don't hold your breath," Lillian said, standing up and wiping her hands down her jeans. With a nod, Lillian led her to the stairs. Bella gave me a shaky grin, following her up the stairs to meet with Rosalie.

Bella

"We're trying to get Rosalie help," Lillian said quietly as we stopped outside of a closed door. "She's just shut down. Please, don't push too hard."

"Before I go in there, why didn't Rosalie terminate the pregnancy?" I asked.

"By the time we found out, it was too late," Lillian answered. "Despite Rose not eating much food, she was gaining weight, particularly in the middle. We brought her to the doctor and she had a panic attack when they wanted to go a pelvic exam. They gave her a mild sedative and we discovered she was just over five months pregnant."

"Normally, they give the morning-after pill in the case of ..." I trailed off.

"It's not a 100% effective," Lillian said, her arms crossed over her chest. "Obviously."

"My apologies, Lillian," I whispered. "I ..."

"It's not your fault, Bella," Lillian breathed, relaxing and giving me a pained smile. "I just hate what those monsters did to my baby girl. She's pregnant with her own baby girl that she won't even acknowledge ..." She opened the door to a darkened room. "Maybe, you'll have more luck than we did."

I nodded sadly, stepping into the room. The walls were decorated with a soft pink and her furniture was black and white. Remnants of her last bit of innocence. Curled up underneath the comforters was an unmoving lump. I made my way into the dark room, sitting down on the chair next to the bed. The covers shifted and I was greeted with a pair of empty blue eyes. "Hello," I said, quietly and evenly. "My name is Bella." She blinked slowly, her face impassive. "And no, I'm not any sort of counselor or therapist. I'm not here to shrink you." Her brows quirked.