₀₂DOS

KISS & TELL
" shiny. fake. hard: plastic ! "
EPISODE ONE; CHAPTER TWO

THE BLUE DOUBLE doors of Liberty High swung open hundreds of times a day, each going unnoticed

THE BLUE DOUBLE doors of Liberty High swung open hundreds of times a day, each going unnoticed. Unnoticed until they open and a certain figure clad in pink struts though, books held loosely under her right arm.

Rory Price would flick her curled hair over her shoulder and walk slowly towards her locker, watching as those around her would subconsciously separate to allow her to pass. They knew better than to approach her, even the seniors would cower ever so slightly when she went by.

She would walk up to her friends, the group of jocks and cheerleaders she was know to hang out with, and gossip. Today was no different up until fifth period.

Rory was sat at the back of calculus, as always, with the new girl at her side. Hannah Baker, she remembered her being called. She'd spent the last twenty minutes twiddling hair around the end of her pencil, occasionally looking away to study the features of the unfamiliar girl beside her.

Hannah had scribbled down countless answers onto her page, Rory watching as her blue nails danced along with her pen. She herself had yet to even answer one.

"Have you answered number 18?" Hannah asked, turning friends to face Rory after a moment of contemplation. She looked down at the blonde girls book, sighing when she saw the blank space. "Oh," She mumbled.

"X=12." Rory replied, smiling sweetly. It seemed sincere to Hannah this time.

"How did you do that?" She laughed, copying the workings from the sheet Rory had handed her. "You're really smart." She answered as the girl shrugged.

"What can I say?" Rory giggled, taking the paper back. She kept her eyes on Hannah for a few moments before speaking again.

"You're, like, really pretty." She mumbled, smiling again.

Hannah scrunched her face up at the statement, trying to work out if it was a compliment or not. She laughed none the less and thanked the girl.

"So you agree. You think you're really pretty?" Rory quizzed. She knew Hannah would be confused by the statement. It was a test of character.

"That's not what I meant." She laughed, shaking her head slightly.

"How'd you like to come to my house after school?" Rory asked her suddenly.

Hannah was taken back by the statement after remembering what Kat had said about the girl. Rory was the epitome rich and popular, of which Hannah was neither. She was sceptical to accept at first, just in case it was a joke and she already had people out to get her. After consideration and an eye roll from Rory the silence was broken. "Look, you can say no if yo-"

"I'll be there." Hannah interrupted, scared Rory would revoke the invite if she waited any longer.

"Great!" The blonde girl giggled, "My mom picks me up from Monet's after school so we can walk there together." She questioned as she walked towards the classroom's door, Hannah trailing behind her nodding. "I have gym last so I'll meet you on the basketball court"

"Okay, see you then." Hannah replied, but before she even had time to process what had happened, Rory was already halfway down the hall, holding hands with the same jock as Kat's party, who Hannah didn't know.

She sighed and turned to walk towards her communications class, catching Clay looking at her with confusion plastered across his whole face. He had obviously witnessed the interaction and was wondering why Hannah hadn't listened to his and Kat's warning. She laughed at her male friend before running to his side and linking arms as they walked towards their class.

AUTHOR'S NOTE
aw sheet here we go again