₀₃TRES

KISS & TELL
" popularity at first sight ! "
EPISODE ONE; CHAPTER THREE

IT WAS SAFE to say, the entirety of Liberty High was confused when Rory Price entered Monet's with Hannah Baker on her arm

IT WAS SAFE to say, the entirety of Liberty High was confused when Rory Price entered Monet's with Hannah Baker on her arm. Not only was it unusual for her to be seen outside of school with someone who had only been at Liberty for a few days, but it was unusual for her to be seen with anyone outside of her friend group at all.

"You're not as bad as people make you out to be." Hannah mumbled as they found an empty table. She had found herself quite enjoying the walk to the cafe with the blonde girl - Rory was a polite and talkative girl when she wasn't surrounded by jocks and cheerleaders.

"If it was anybody else saying that to me," Rory replied, taking a seat, "I'd be offended. But thank you, Hannah Baker."

"You're more than welcome, Rory Price." She laughed, glancing behind her to scan the menu. "Can I ask you something?"

"Sure." Rory mused, puckering her lips slightly.

"What's Justin Foley like?" Hannah asked, smiling coyly as she clasped her hands on the table top.

"He's an asshole." She answered.

Hannah's face dropped. "But - I thought you two were friends." She stuttered.

"Oh, we are!" Rory nodded, "He's just not got the best reputation with girls, is all. I don't want you to get hurt."

Hannah smiled. Her mother had always told her to not judge a book by its cover, and here she was, enjoying the company of the most talked about girl in school. It was strange, how things worked out.

"Does this mean we're friends, then?" She teased, "Now that you care about me?"

"Shut up," Rory laughed, smacking Hannah's hands from across the table. "But, yes. I think that means we're friends."

The two girls talked more, sipping the coffees they'd ordered until Rory's mom rang to tell her she was outside.

"Our carriage awaits." She said as she pointed at the black Range Rover parked outside. The ride to the Price residence was short, Rory's mom gushing to Hannah about the new piano she had bought (even though she had made a point of telling the girl that nobody in the family could actually play the piano).

"Your mom's nice." Hannah smiles as she entered Rory's room. The house was as big as she'd imagined it to be. The hill she lived on was lined with huge, colonial houses, nothing like the ones downtown in Crestmont.

"She tries her best to make friends with anyone I bring home." Rory replied, laughing softly to herself. "She is pretty cool though."

Hannah glances around the room, the white walls gleaming back at her. Her eyes fell on the closet in the corner, her mouth falling agape at all the beautiful clothes spilling out of it. "You have so much stuff!" She gasped, reaching over to run her hands down one of the silky dresses.

"You can have whatever you want." Rory smiled, pulling out a swede skirt she knew the girl would like. "Go and try anything on." She gestured towards the bathroom down the hall.

Hannah squealed in excitement and grabbed a pile of clothes, rushing down the hall. With each outfit, she strutted down towards Rory's room, spinning around as if she were a model.

She was onto her last dress when Rory felt Hannah's phone buzzing on her bed, next to where she sat. She picked it up and glanced down at the caller ID, smirking when Justin Foley's picture popped up.

Hannah entered the room smiling, grinned wider when Rory handed over her phone. "Do I answer it?" She giggled, causing the blonde girl to nod her head profusely. "Hey, Justin." Hannah mumbled into the phone.

"What am I doing?" She mouthed to Rory, clearly anxious to make the right impression on the boy.

"Math homework." Rory shrugged, Hannah repeating it to Justin down her phone.

"Help?" Hannah mouthed again. Rory nodded and reached for a piece of paper. The brunette tried her best to continue small talking with Justin long enough for her to write whatever she needed to.

"Two trains leave at different times, but when do they meet?" Hannah recited from the paper Rory handed her. She bit her lip as she awaited Justin's reply.

"Train 'A' is leaving my house in a few minutes." Rory heard him chuckled down the phone, "Train 'B' is leaving your house in..?"

"Thirty minutes. Eisenhower Park." Hannah answered, both her and Rory grinning at each other. As much as the blonde girl wanted Hannah to herself for the night (she was interested in how much she could find out about the girl in such a short period of time), she was excited for her to go out with Justin, even if he was her ex-boyfriend and an asshole.

"Go get him, tiger." Rory laughed, ushering Hannah out of her room in order for her to have time to get ready at her house.

"What about the dress?" She asked, fiddling with its hem.

"Keep it." Rory winked.

Little did she know, Rory Price had ushered Hannah out to the beginning of the end. To the night that would change their lives forever.

AUTHOR'S NOTE
if you think this is bad now, sis you should have read it BEFORE i re-wrote it lolza