Chapter 14

Before anything could happen to me Luke stepped in front of my line of sight and yelled out.

"Mason!" His voice was a lot gruffer.

Mason's eyes changed from blue to hazel and I was confused but then he said a word a lot like 'NATE' and he started going for Nic.

I don't know about you but when I see a man who was angry and for all I know still could be, going after your Best Friend since you were 2 but I would get the fuck out the car and kick the guy's ass.

So that's exactly what I did.

I slammed the car door and got people to look at me just not the guy I wanted. That sounded bad but you know what I mean.

He kept walking but I wasn't about to let him hurt her. I got ready to sprint but someone wrapped their arms around me. It was my worst nightmare.

Everything was in slow motion. I was being held back by brute strength screaming while watching a man who I don't know walk dangerously quick toward my best friend who is basically my sister who is also frozen in her spot.

I promise to kick whoever is holding me in their balls.

Wait a minute. He's got his legs wide open and I'm quite flexible.

I kick my leg back like the fucking black swan and my calf hits him square in the place. I'm let free and sprint like there's no tomorrow.

I'm not fast enough and he gets to her before I do. Except he doesn't hurt her. He just... engulfs her in a hug. He shoves his head into her neck the way Luke did that one day when I was wearing that red dress.

I'm confused and look at Nic's face only to see she's just as confused. I turn around to see everyone looking at me with amusement then I look at Luke but have to lower my gaze because he's on the floor holding his... you know.

I realize my second worst nightmare, I'm one of those drama bitches.

I walk up to that guy and tap his shoulder. That don't work so I use words.

"Mr. Mason. You better get yo nasty ass hands off my best frand." I don't know what happened but the hood just came out. Years of keeping my English professional and one guy just make it come out.

He slowly turned around and looked at me scared. Yeah, that's right. Quiver from my voice. FOR I CAN MAKE YOU FALL TO YOUR KNEES.

Ok, I need to dial it down.

Mason looked past me and I realized his eyes aren't blue or hazel, they're brown. His eyes must've been hazed over like Luke's and Zane's does.

I turned around to see who he was looking at. Turned out to be a very angry Luke. His eyes were very much blood red. I looked past him and all I could see was people trying to move quietly inside. But some people stood frozen causing everyone else to not be able to pass.

Luke came straight toward me and I just turned around like nothing happened.

I walked toward Nic and started talking.

"Are you ok?"

She just nodded and stepped back. All of a sudden I'm staring at someone's butt and being hauled away. They gotta nice butt tho. I smack it but get mine smacked right back. Ok so not doing that again.

I think it's the blood rushing to my head but I'm pretty sure I heard someone whisper, "Do you think Alpha is going to take Luna to his room and... mate with her?"

I didn't know what the fuck was going on then and I still don't know now.

"PUT ME DOWN PENDEJO! (motherfucker)" A whole lot of people gasped and as Luke walked people were moving out his way. Even though they shouldn't be so scared. He's probably just really cocky.

*FLASHBACK*

"What Nic? I already told you he's not my type." I stared but I couldn't find a word that could describe him for him.

He caught me looking. I quickly looked away. I wasn't about to let him approach me and try to get in my jeans if he was that way. Yet he approached me anyway. Stupid lingering eyes.

"I see you admiring me from away. Don't worry, I am delicious and don't mind the starring" He smirked as if thinking I fell for it. He was wrong.

"I don't like cocky dickheads like you. It makes me sick that you think coming up here with a confrontation instead of your name is what girls are looking for." I crossed my arms and gave him a look that said 'get the fuck away from now'. But he must've been blind and couldn't see my look.

"First, I'm not cocky just sure of myself. Second, I do have a dick that has a head. Third, my name is Daniel." He smiled his pearly whites and stuck his hand out for me to shake.

That's when I met him.