curiousity kills

{sam}

"what the fuck is wrong with the girl next door? all i ever hear is sobbing or screaming" kian mumbles to his roomate, sam pottorff. sam is always curious about her. he's only seen her a couple of times, and he can never remember her name.

"who knows, i'll see." sam says, leaving. He walks over to apartment 6A. he knocks twice, no answer. he knocks twice more, still no answer. "hello? i'm sam pottorff, your neighbor. i just wanna get to know you. i know you're in there, please open up" sam calls out. finally, someone pulls the door open. her eyes puffy, cheeks red, and hair a mess, she looks down, embarrassed.

"hi, sam, w-why are you here?" she asks looking up at sam. "like i said, i wanted to get to know you." he says, smirking. she giggles a little and moves. "wanna come in?" she says, smiling. "i wonder how hard that smile is for her." sam thinks to himself. he sits on a chair kitty-corner from the couch. her apartment is neat and cute.

"so, what's your name? you know mine, i think it's only fair that we exchange." "you're funny, sam. my name's dayna i'm 19, how old are you?" dayna says, fiddling with a pillow. "18. dayna, can you tell me something?" sam asks nervously. "of course," she says, obviously worried, the whole situation is making her shake. "why are you always crying?"