rubix cube

{sam}

"well sam, you see, i'm a very complex girl. i don't mean to bother you. you seem like a great boy, but i don't think you'd ever fully understand. i'm a rubix cube." kali says. sam is confused, but processes it for a little while. "a rubix cube, huh?" he asks. "yes sam, a rubix cube." she says back. "well, dayna, are you okay?" "yea, i'm fine." "nope, i'm not stupid. why do you cry?" sam asks.

once you start trying to solve a rubix cube, you won't stop trying until you do. "i'm mental. is that enough for you?" "you don't look mental. what do you have?" "existential anxiety."

"do me a favor and call me whenever you need to." sam says, grabbing her phone. "password?" "don't have one. i don't get out that much." dayna says. sam starts to feel bad. he puts in his number and his name. "i'm gonna put my roomate's number in here too, okay?" "uhm, yea, sure, okay." he puts in kian's number, and gets up.

"text me as soon as i leave this apartment, got it?" "yes, sam. got it." "goodbye," sam says and hugs her. she smiles. she tells him goodbye and he leaves.

{dayna}

dayna grabs her phone and unlocks it, she texts sam. she doesn't even realize it, she's in love with sam.