🧚🏻‍♀️11🏹🧞‍♀️🏰

Make sure to read the previous chapter (10) first!! Published that one just an hour before this one so make sure you don't forget to read that one!

"Hey bestie", Josh said as he got in the passenger's seat of Tyler's car. "Hey Josh", Tyler smiled softly.

"How have you been? I was a bit worried since we haven't talked since Wednesday and I wasn't sure why", Josh said. "I was a bit scared that we weren't gonna go anywhere anymore today so I was really happy when you texted me the time you'd be here today last night", Josh said.

"...yeah, sorry about that", Tyler said. "You didn't do something wrong or anything, not at all. It's just me being stupid", Tyler said. "You're not", Josh replied. Tyler shrugged.

"I guess I just needed some time", Tyler softly said. "Also to prepare for today."

"Where are we going?" Josh asked. "Not telling you yet until we're there, okay?" Tyler asked softly. Josh nodded. "Alright, I'm okay with that", he smiled. "Can I give you a hug?" He then asked.

Tyler smiled softly and nodded. He hugged Josh back tightly when his best friend hugged him. He'd missed that the last few days.

"We have a three hour drive ahead", Tyler said. Josh raised his eyebrows. "Woah, three hours?" He said. Tyler nodded. "That's why it's only 9:30 AM on a Saturday morning", Tyler said. Josh let out a soft laugh. "Explains a lot. Wanna stop by target for a second and get some snacks and drinks?" Josh offered. Tyler nodded. "Sounds good", he said as he started the car.

He felt bad for leaving Josh in the dark for the last few days, but Josh seemed to be okay with it. So he tried to shrug it off as best as he could and they drove to the store to get some snacks and drinks. Shortly after that, they started on their three hour drive.

//

They'd left the highway just a little while ago and were in a big city now. Tyler was driving quite slowly, figuring out where he was and where he could park the car. His heart was also thumping in his chest heavily, and quickly. He couldn't seem to properly control his breathing either. He hoped Josh, who looked out the window at some people walking by the car, didn't notice.

Tyler then found a parking spot and parked the car. He turned the engine off but rested both hands back on the steering wheel. "You okay, Ty?" Josh asked, but Tyler didn't reply. He was tightly holding on to the steering wheel, squeezing it very hard, as he stared out the window.

Josh looked out the side window, then at Tyler, and then through the windshield.

Tyler tried to take a deep breath, but it stuttered. He tried it again, but failed, and then he just decided to hold his breath for a while. His grip on the steering wheel tightened, knuckles turning white.

"I'm gay".

Tyler kept staring through the big window, squeezing the steering wheel in his hands, after he spoke the words. He was way too nervous and scared to do anything else.

Then he heard a laugh coming from Josh and his heart dropped. Josh laughed when he said he was gay. His eyes were welling up with tears.

"Me too."

Tyler whipped his head around to look at Josh with big eyes. "What??" He asked, probably louder than he was intending.

Josh softly laughed. "I'm gay too, Ty", he smiled. Tyler's jaw dropped, and then his hand covered his mouth, and then he was unbuckling his seat belt as he got on his knees on his own seat so he could hug Josh better. He wrapped his arms around Josh's neck and hugged him tighter than he'd ever had. Tears were now rolling down his cheeks, from happiness and because he'd been so scared and nervous, and also relief. He came out to his best friend as gay. And so did Josh.

"Are you for real??" Tyler asked in disbelief as he sat back. Josh smiled and nodded. "Yeah, I really am", he said. Tyler squealed, hugging him again before sitting back once again. "Why didn't you tell me??" Tyler asked.

"You wouldn't like that question if I asked you the same", Josh said. "Right, sorry", Tyler apologized. "It's okay", Josh assured him with a smile, resting his hand on Tyler's knee.

"I guess I just didn't come out to anyone 'cause... 'cause everything was going so well in my life, y'know?" Josh said. "Didn't see a reason why I should make a big deal out of my sexuality. It'd only distract people from seeing me as me. So I just decided to keep it quiet", Josh shrugged.

"I can't believe you've been able to do that", Tyler said. "Being happy at the same time."

"Josh..." he trailed. "The reason why I've been doing so bad lately, and why I... y'know... hurt myself", Tyler said. "It's because of this", He continued.

"Because I feel like I can't be me around the team and my parents and the people that gave us our scholarship and our friends and teachers and classmates. I couldn't choose between being me or having a positive looking future", Tyler said.

"Y'know, I can't be that one gay basketball kid who had a scholarship but then not anymore 'cause they don't want gay basketball players or because the team didn't feel comfortable enough, y'know", Tyler softly said.

"What are you talking about? There's two of us! Not just that one gay kid", Josh said. Tyler smiled immediately when Josh said that. "I can't believe you're gay. You're gay! I have a gay best friend!" Tyler said. Josh laughed. "Me too!" He smirked. Tyler laughed as well.

"I'm... I'm genuinely so happy right now, Joshie", Tyler softly sighed. "I've been struggling with this for so long and I was certain that you were gonna dislike me once I came out to you", Tyler said. "What made you think that?" Josh asked.

"Well... for example how you laughed at the description of that one movie Andrew called his new favorite movie. About the gay men", Tyler said.

"I laughed, yeah, because of the image that popped in my head of Andrew curled up on the couch under a blanket, sobbing over a sappy cute love story while shoving popcorn in his mouth and insisting on watching it over and over again even though it makes him cry each time", Josh explained.

That explained so much, Tyler thought. "I thought you were laughing at the story", Tyler replied.

"Of course not. Even if I wasn't gay, I wouldn't be homophobic. We were raised that way, hence why everyone's okay with it in my family", Josh said.

Tyler sighed, staring out at the window with a smile on his face. He looked at his best friend, before looking through the window again. "I'm genuinely so happy right now. I'm so happy I still got you", Tyler said. Josh smiled. "Told you I wasn't that easy to get rid off", Josh said. "You were right", Tyler smiled.

They sat next to each other in silence for a while, processing everything that had just happened. Both boys were smiling.

"We're at pride, aren't we?" Josh asked. Tyler nodded. "Ready to be us?" Josh asked, holding his hand open as he looked at Tyler. Tyler smiled. "Finally", he replied, slamming his hand in Josh's.

~~

Bihj I cri

What did you think of it? Stuff is happening!! GOOD STUFF!! Ahh I'm so happy! I'd love to know what you guys thought of this!

So excited to write next chapter. Love you guys!

Also I hope you guys appreciate the 2 updates in a bit over an hour!

Word count: 1307