A Daddy's Night

Zayn POV

After swimming and eating its was time for bed. Luke would be staying the night with us. Niall beg for him to stay and we weren't going to tell him no to a sleepover especially as late as it was.

After checking with Liam via text message I okayed the sleepover and Niall clapped skipping through the house to go get Luke and tell him. Liam then walked in the house with Louis and Harry crying.

I took the two of them and looked at Liam.

Liam: I've changed their nappies and tried to feed them. They won't stop crying though.
He said feeling defeated.

"Okay baby, will go bathe them, and try to settle them. Are there any bottles made?"

Liam: yeah, they're in the bottle warmer.

I kissed his head and told him to go rest and relax in the tub. He nodded and went do as told. I laid each crying child on my shoulder and walked upstairs to the twins' nursery.

I put their little tub inside the regular tub and ran the water. Next was to get their outfits for the night. I laid them in a swing together. I turned the swing on and went to their closets grabbing two grows.

Once I had the grows I went turn the water off and picked them up out of the swing talking to them and whispering little things. Louis had calmed down and was now just sucking on his fingers with tears drying on his face. Harry was the one crying and fussing up a storm.

I walked into the bathroom and sat down on the chair that we had in the bathroom near the tub so it was easier to bathe the twins. I kissed Louis's head then Harry's. I took off their nappies and laid Lou down in his part of the baby bath letting him play with the warm water.

He started to giggle and splash getting water all over him. Harry was still crying so I went get a dummy and put it in his mouth and started to sing a song to him hoping he would stop crying.

Thankfully he did and started to suck on the dummy half way through the song. I kissed his head and wiped the left over tears off of his face. He looked at me sleepily and I smiled at him lowering him into warm water. He just laid their and would whine as he went in and out of sleep.

I decided to bathe Harry first because he was quickly becoming annoyed and tears were brimming again. So I grabbed the lavender scented night time baby soap and a baby cloth and washed him really good. After I rinsed  the soap off of him I swaddled him in a towel and laid him on my lap.

Then I cleaned Louis who was growing tired of the water and wanted out. After he was bathed I swaddled him in a towel and lifted he and Harry onto my shoulder.  Harry started to cry again and I sighed.

And I guess they felt my anxiety because Louis started up and they were really crying now. I started to sing and laid them on their changing table. I went pick up Harry's dummy from the floor, rinsed it, and got Louis one.

I went back to the changing table and put it in their mouths. I put nappies on them and then their grows. I decided to put socks and them too.

They were now half asleep, I took a picture and carefully lifted them up and grabbed two swaddling blankets

They were now half asleep, I took a picture and carefully lifted them up and grabbed two swaddling blankets. I walked downstairs and saw Niall laid on top of Luke, cuddling, both boys sound asleep.

I smiled and walked inside the kitchen grabbing their bottles and made sure they were still warm. After I deemed them warm enough I walked back into the living room and sat down in a rocking chair grabbing Liam's nursing pillow.

I swaddled the babies for the last time of the night and laid one on each side of the pillow. I put a nipple in each of their mouths and held the bottles up for them.

I muted the telly and hummed to them. An hour later the bottles were empty and both boys were burped and sound asleep.  I walked upstairs and laid them in the crib in me and Liam's bedroom.

I moved the crib to my side of the bed and kissed each baby. I went back downstairs and took a picture of Niall and Luke then picked them up. Both boys were already bathed and dressed for bed, I'm guessing Liam did that.

I laid them in the middle of our bed and kissed the both of their foreheads and then I kissed Liam who was sound asleep as well. I walked down the stairs one more time and made sure that the house was clean in its entirety and then locked up the house and turned off all the lights. 

I went upstairs, showered and and finally laid down for the night.