Let The Games Begin {5}

I stood in front of our locker, waiting impatiently for Skylar. Gah! Stupid Skylar! Why did he have to take so long?

                “Hey Jakey.”

                “Cameron!” I cried, spinning around to face him. Holy coming out of nowhere! Heart attack!

                “Sorry to surprise you,” he said, that flirtatious grin appearing back on his face. “What are you doing? Where are Seth and Skylar?”

                I shrugged. “The teacher held them after class to talk to them about something. I’m just waiting for them,” I said, trying to keep casual. Oh my lord. Why did this boy have to be so god damn attractive?

                “You looked a little frustrated,” Cameron said, leaning against the locker next to me.

                I nodded and pointed at my locker. “I don’t know the combination. Well, I did, but I forgot it. I have to wait for Skylar to open it,” I explained.

                “Why do I get the feeling that you’d be hopelessly lost without Skylar?” he asked, raising an eyebrow at me.

                “Uh…because I probably would be,” I admitted.

                I relied heavily on Skylar, and I knew it. He made sure I didn’t lose my things, he remembered the things I forgot, he made sure I did my homework, he took care of me when I was sick or hurt, and he was always there for me when I needed him, no matter what it was that I needed him for.

                I loved him so deeply. We joked around a lot, but I knew if I ever lost Skylar, I’d probably kill myself. He and Seth were really all I had.

                Cameron opened his mouth to say something, but Skylar and Seth appeared at that moment, much to my relief. Being around someone as flirty as Cameron made me nervous.

                “Open the locker!” I commanded.

                Skylar rolled his eyes as he put in the combination and opened the locker. We grabbed what we needed before shutting the locker. I took Skylar’s hand in my own and kissed his cheek, smiling at him lovingly.

                “Sorry I’m forgetful,” I said brightly.

                “You’re not forgetful. You’re just a complete moron,” Skylar said with a shrug.

                Cameron and Seth snickered as I pouted. “Gosh, you are such a jerk Skylar!” I whined.

                He chuckled and kissed me deeply. “You’re my moron,” he said, smirking. I let out a whine. That was so not a compliment, mister!

                We went outside and down the hill to Seth’s car. We got in and he drove us back to Skylar’s house. We went inside and to the living room again.

                “So, what do you guys want to do? Because sitting in my living room is boring,” Skylar said, wrapping his arms around my waist and resting his chin on my shoulder. I was sitting in his lap comfortably.

                “Let’s go swimming!” I cried in excitement, bouncing.

                Skylar made a choked noise and I grinned at him. He glared at me and held me tighter, trying to keep me from bouncing again.