Let The Games Begin {27}

***Jakey’s POV***

                “Get up Jakey,” Skylar said, shaking me gently. “We have to go to school.”

                I grumbled out something that made no sense before shifting and burying my face in Skylar’s smooth chest. He sighed and ran a hand through my hair.

                “Please get up,” he said patiently.

                I shook my head and squeezed my eyes shut tightly, trying to fall back to sleep. I was absolutely exhausted.

                “So you don’t want to shower with me?” Skylar asked, sounding hurt.

                “Faker,” I growled. “I can see through your tricks Skylar! I’m not falling for it! I’m not getting up!”

                The next thing I knew, I felt myself being lifted out of bed. Fine! Let him try to carry me! I WOULD NEVER WAKE UP.

                Skylar set me on my feet and let me lean against him. “You’re out of bed. Now can you please just open your eyes and wake up?” he asked.

                I shook my head before letting it drop onto his shoulder. “No,” I whined. “I don’t wanna wake up.”

                “Jakey, don’t be stubborn,” Skylar said with another sigh.

                “Too late.”

                “I will tickle yo-”

                “LOOK AT THAT, IT’S A BEAUTIFUL DAY. THE SUN IS SHINING, THE BIRDS ARE SINGING, AND SKYLAR ISN’T TICKLING JAKEY!” I said, my eyes snapping open. I jumped away from Skylar, tripping over something on his floor.

                Skylar’s arms shot out and wrapped around me. He pulled me close to himself and sighed, shaking his head.

                “You’re an idiot. Now that you’re up, I don’t have to tickle you,” he said, steadying me before releasing me.

                “I hate when people tickle me,” I whined.

                “I know you do. That’s why I threatened to do it,” he said matter-of-factly, grabbing my hand and pulling me towards the bathroom.

                We showered and got dressed before going out and hopping into Seth’s car. Seth had his usual Breathe Carolina blasting as he drove off towards the school.

                We got out at school and made our way inside. I pouted at Skylar as we stood in the main lobby, mad at him for making me get up this morning.

                “Come on. Education is good,” Skylar said, wrapping an arm around my waist.

                “Sleep is better,” I grumbled, crossing my arms and glaring at the floor maturely.

                “Is it better than being with me?” he asked.

                I pretended to think about it. Skylar frowned and I laughed and leaned up, kissing him. “No, nothing is better than being with you,” I assured him.

                He looked up and I felt him tense. I followed him gaze and mentally sighed as I saw Cameron making his way over to us. Why couldn’t everyone just get along for once?