Let The Games Begin {16}

***Jakey’s POV***

                I woke up and looked around, utterly confused. I wasn’t in Skylar’s room, and he wasn’t even in this room.

                Then yesterday came back to me and a wave of depression threatened to drag me under. I fought it off and sat up, glancing at Cameron.

                He was sound asleep next to me. Judging by the darkness outside, I was going to guess I had only been asleep about a half hour or so.

                My head was pounding from the lack of sleep. I ignored it and crawled out of Cameron’s bed, knowing I wouldn’t be able to get back to sleep.

                I crept downstairs to Cameron’s kitchen and quietly began to go through the kitchen cupboards in search of a glass. I was parched.

                “Looking for a glass?”

                “HOLY MOTHER OF CAMERON!” I hissed in surprise, jumping and slamming my head against the cupboard.

                Cameron’s mom came over to me and opened a cupboard I had missed. “Sorry to scare you. Jacob, right?”

                “Everyone just calls me Jakey,” I said, rubbing the back of my head.

                Mrs. Catalano nodded and handed me a glass. “I hope your head is okay.”

                “It is. Thanks. Sorry if I woke you up,” I said, glancing at the clock on the oven. It was only around three in the morning. I had passed out about 20 minutes ago. Dammit. I had to learn how to stay asleep. Stupid vampire senses. Even though I wasn’t a vampire.

                “Oh, you didn’t. Cameron’s grandma, my mom, called my cell a few minutes ago and woke me up,” she said, grabbing a glass for herself.

                She pulled a container of water out of the refrigerator and poured some for both of us. I drank thirstily.

                “Is Cam up?” she asked.

                I shook my head. “No. He’s passed out,” I said.

                Mrs. Catalano nodded. “He always was a pretty heavy sleeper. You look exhausted though. Are you having trouble sleeping? Don’t you want sleeping pills?”

                I shook my head. “No thank you,” I said politely.

                “Well, I’m going to go back to sleep. Goodnight Jakey,” Mrs. Catalano said before heading upstairs.

                What a MILF. The things I would do if I were straight…

                “Cameron’s mom has got it going on,” I sang to myself as I finished my glass of water.

                I went up to the bathroom and turned on the fan to drown out the sound of my voice. I unzipped my pants and let mother nature take care of the rest as I continued to sing.

                “Skylar can’t you see, you’re just not the boy for me? I know it might be wrong but if I were straight I’d be in love with Cameron’s mom!” I sang.

                I washed my hands before creeping back into Cameron’s bed. I laid down and stared up at Cameron’s blank, white ceiling.