Let The Games Begin {18}

***Jakey’s POV***

                I groaned and gripped my head, slowly cracking my eyes open. I looked around and saw Cameron passed out next to me.

                I got up and began to search around the house for Skylar. Most kids were passed out. The ones who weren’t were, like me, trying to gather their friends.

                I frowned after searching each room twice. Skylar wasn’t here anywhere. I went outside and checked the garage and the front and back yards. No sign of Skylar or Seth anywhere.

                I went back to the living room and shook Cameron. He groaned and cracked his eyes open, looking up at me. A smug grin came over his face but he quickly rubbed his eyes and it faded.

                “Hey,” he greeted, his voice tired. “Where are the others?”

                “I don’t know,” I said, scared. “I can’t find Skylar or Seth anywhere. Maybe they passed out in Seth’s car?”

                Cameron nodded and we got up. We left the house and went outside, walking up the street. My face paled a little as we saw that Seth’s car was gone.

                “Do you think he drove drunk?” I asked, terror shooting through me. No, no, no. I couldn’t lose Seth or Skylar. It would literally kill me.

                “I’m sure their fine Jakey. They might have driven home in the morning,” he said, checking the time. It was afternoon now.

                “Let’s walk to Skylar’s,” I said quietly.

                Cameron nodded and we took off walking. My head was pounding violently and I couldn’t wait to just take something for it and curl up against my Skylar for a nap.

                We made it to the house a while later and went up. I tried to go through the front but frowned when it was locked. I reached for the spare key and my frown got deeper when I realized the spare key was gone. They always left the spare key out!

                I sighed and rang the doorbell. We waited for a minute before Emily cracked the door open. She looked at me with pained eyes and my heart slammed violently.

                “Emily? What’s wrong? Where’s Skylar?” I demanded in terror. “Is he okay?!”

                “Jakey, I think you should stay with Seth for a few days,” she said quietly. “Please leave Skylar alone. You’ve done enough.”

                And with that, she shut the door and locked it.

                I stared at the door with my mouth hanging open. “What?” I whispered. “What the fuck just happened?”

                “Hey, calm down. Let’s go ask Seth what’s wrong with Skylar,” Cameron said, pulling me into a hug.

                I nodded slowly. “Yea, okay,” I mumbled.

                We began to walk and I tried to think back to last night. All I could remember was taking shots. I faintly remembered Skylar and Seth going to get water, and then my mind just went blank. I couldn’t remember anything after that.

                We made it to Seth’s house and I rang the doorbell. Seth’s older brother, Collin, answered the door and grinned at me.