Let The Games Begin {9}

“That was one hell of a storm, but at least the lawn was watered,” Luke said as we entered the kitchen the next morning.

                “Luke, I hate storms,” I grumbled.

                “You didn’t seem to mind my ways of calming you down last night,” Skylar whispered with a wink. I grinned at him and kissed him.

                “And you said I was never getting laid again,” I said smugly.

                “Well, sometimes I lie,” he said, grabbing us some cereal and bowls. I grabbed milk and we ate together before putting our dishes in the dishwasher.

                “So what are you boys up to for today?” Luke asked curiously, leaning against the counter and sipping his coffee.

                Skylar shrugged. “We’re going to head over to Cameron’s and swim, I guess,” he said, wrapping an arm around my waist and kissing my cheek. I groaned and rested my head on his shoulder. Oh how I hated being awake.

                Skylar shook me and rolled his eyes. “Wake up Jakey! Let’s get ready and then we can head over to Cameron’s house,” he said, dragging me into his bedroom.

                We changed and grabbed our swim trunks before going outside. Seth was waiting in the driveway and we climbed into his car.

                He pulled out of the driveway and took off down the street, his usual Breathe Carolina playing out of the speakers. I rolled the window down and stuck my head out of it, squinting as the wind made my eyes water.

                “I swear it’s like you’re a dog,” Skylar said with a hopeless sigh, yanking me so that my head was back in the car.

                “Jerk!” I whined, pouting and sticking my tongue out at him as he rolled my window up. Gosh, couldn’t a guy just look out of the freaking window without being judged?!

                Seth pulled into Cameron’s driveway and we all got out of the car. We went up to the door and rang the doorbell, waiting patiently.

                A man answered the door and stepped aside to let us in. “Cameron’s friends?” he guessed as we took our shoes off. We nodded at him.

                “Well, Cam’s in the living I think. Follow me,” he said.

                We followed him through the gigantic house to the living room. Cameron was lying on a couch reading a Stephen King book.

                “Cam, your friends are here,” his dad announced.

                “Yea, thanks dad,” Cameron mumbled, putting a bookmark in the book and shutting it. He stretched before hopping off the couch and coming over to us.

                “Change into your swim trunks. We’re swimming,” he said.

                We changed quickly before following Cameron outside. My eyes widened a little at the in-ground pool in front of us.

                “You. Have. A. WATERSLIDE!” I shrieked, shoving by my friends and crawling up the waterslide. I threw my arms up and let out a war cry as I went flying down it into the fairly warm pool.

                Cameron raised an eyebrow at me as I resurfaced. I smiled innocently as I shook my hair out of my face.

                “Sorry. I like waterslides,” I said and grinned.