Let The Games Begin {10}

“Jakey, wake up.”

                I jumped up, nearly smashing my head on Cameron’s. I jumped away and let out a yelp as I went tumbling off of his bed.

                “Ow,” I groaned as I landed on the hard wood floor.

                “Are you okay?” Skylar asked, crawling over to me and helping me up.

                “No. I hate mornings. Bitch, fuck yo morning happiness,” I grumbled as Seth laughed at me.

                My eyes widened a little and I casually shifted to get up, glancing down at myself. THANK GOD NO MORNING WOOD. JAKEY KANTOR, YOU ARE SAFE!

                “You’re such a spaz Jakey. Anyways, my mom just called us down for breakfast,” Cameron said, running a hand through his hair and jumping out of his bed.

                He let us all borrow some basketball shorts to put on before we made our way downstairs. We sat at the kitchen table.

                Mrs. Catalano set down a huge plate of waffles and a bottle of syrup. She handed us all plates and some milk, and we began to eat hungrily.

                “Easy fatass. Don’t eat it all,” Cameron said in amusement as he watched me om nom nom my waffles.

                “He can eat all he wants Cam. I have enough for hungry appetites,” Mrs. Catalano said, setting down a stack of napkins for us. “Eat up boys.”

                “Someone who willingly handles Jakey’s appetite? Jeez Jakey, you must be in heaven,” Seth said, laughing as I swallowed my waffle and grinned.

                We ate and went swimming again before deciding to leave. We thanked Cameron and his mom before climbing in Seth’s car and leaving his house.

                                                                                ***Cameron’s POV***

                “They were nice boys Cam,” mom said, cleaning up the kitchen.

                I shrugged and nodded. “Yea, I guess,” I mumbled. Eh, it had been fun I guess. I sat down in the living room and turned the TV on.

                “Cam, hit the shower. We’re going out for dinner at that Kangaroo place I told you about,” dad said a while later when he got home from work.

                I nodded and went upstairs, stripping and jumping into the hot shower. My mind was starting to spin a little. Jakey sure had acted weird when I had talked about that place.

                I grinned a little. Fine, Jakey wanted to play secretive? I would figure him out. He was definitely hiding things.

                I got out of the shower and went into my bedroom. I dressed before fixing my hair and heading downstairs. I got in the car with my parents and my dad drove me to the place.

                It was fairly busy. We got out of the car and went inside. I looked around curiously. Jakey had definitely lied to me. He hadn’t been kicked out of here. There was another reason why he didn’t come here.

                We ordered our food before going and sitting down at a table. I mentally sighed. Looking around wasn’t going to give me any answers.