Let The Games Begin {19}

I rolled over and sat up slowly, rubbing my eyes. I had barely slept. I pulled the covers off of myself and got out of bed, silently going out to the kitchen.

                I put down two pieces of bread in the toaster. Grandma was sitting at the kitchen table, silently reading the newspaper. She didn’t look at me as I grabbed my toast and sat across from her.

                “Good morning grandma. How did you sleep?” I asked with a polite smile.

                “Better than you,” she said flatly.

                Unsure of how to reply to that, I just bit into my toast. We ate in awkward silence and I tried to fight off memories of the past. Before I was gay, we used to play cards while we ate breakfast. Grandma would let me win a few games and smile at me when I would laugh.

                I got up and went back to my bedroom. I got changed and decided to head over to Cameron’s house. I pulled my shoes on and moved to the front door.

                I paused and glanced in the living room. I bit my lip as I saw grandma sitting watching TV from the couch. I was sick of losing everyone I loved.

                “Grandma, I know you hate the fact that I’m gay. I’m sorry I let everyone down. But I love you,” I said before leaving the house, not wanting to know her reply. She didn’t love me anymore, and she had made that quite clear.

                I walked to Cameron’s and rang the doorbell. He let me inside and we went up to his bedroom. He gave me a concerned look.

                “Are you okay?” he asked.

                I nodded and sighed.

                                                                                ***Cameron’s POV***

                I hugged Jakey, pretending to be concerned, when in reality, I was satisfied. Well, things had certainly gone according to plan. Except for Jakey staying with his grandma, of course. That part bothered me a little, but I could deal with it.

                Skylar and Seth had left Jakey with me, and I had given him a spiked drink. Then I had taken advantage of him and made out with him.

                Skylar wouldn’t be able to forgive that so quickly. It gave me time to figure out Jakey’s past and break the two up for good.

                “Do you think Seth’s mad at me too?” he asked.

                I sighed. “I think so. He sounded pretty upset with you when I talked to him on the phone,” I lied. I hadn’t talked to Seth. He was probably more concerned than upset.

                “Really?” Jakey squeaked out, his eyes starting to water.

                “Hey, come on Jakey. Don’t cry. I’m sure it’ll blow over. You were drunk. You didn’t mean to do it,” I said, pretending to actually give a shit.

                This was absolutely hilarious. It was more entertaining than I thought it would be. These three morons were just too easy to fuck with.

                Jakey looked up at me and brutally forced a smile onto his face. He wiped his eyes and nodded at me.

                “I’m okay,” he said, clearly lying.