Let The Games Begin {24}

***Jakey’s POV***

                I cracked my eyes open slowly. My vision cleared and I yelped and jumped back, smacking my head on the wall. I groaned and rubbed it as Skylar sat up in confusion.

                “Morning Jakey,” he greeted, rubbing his eyes.

                “Morning Jakey? MORNING JAKEY? Jesus Skylar! What the hell are you doing here?” I cried in panic. What if my grandma saw him?!

                “I came to talk to you, but you were drugged up,” he said, glaring at me.

                I dropped my gaze down and felt my eyes watering. “Skylar…” I whispered, unsure of what to say. I did remember taking more pills than I was supposed to.

                I felt his arms wrap around me tightly. He held me and kissed my forehead. “Jakey, I don’t care how mad at me you get. I am always here for you,” he said sincerely.

                I hugged him back and rested my head on his shoulder. “Skylar, can we please just get along? Please?” I begged.

                Skylar ran a hand through my hair and nodded, kissing me. “Yes. I want us to get along Jakey. But I need to talk to you. And please don’t get mad at me. Just listen to what I’m saying, and stay calm,” he said.

                I nodded in confusion and kissed him. “What do you need to talk to me about?” I asked, praying that it didn’t have anything to do with Cameron.

                Skylar sighed. “Jakey, I went to talk to Cameron yesterday. Just listen to me! He admitted to me that he spiked your drink. He called you stupid. He insulted you, Jakey. You’re just a way to cure his boredom. He said he was going to fuck you, for god’s sake,” he said, shaking his head in disgust.

                “Cam…Cam wouldn’t say that,” I whispered weakly. Skylar had to be lying.

                Skylar stared at me, frustration clear on his face. I shrank away from him nervously.

                “Don’t get mad at me,” I whimpered.

                “I’m not mad at you Jakey. I’m mad at Cameron,” he growled, pulling me back into his arms. His eyes widened a little.

                “I can prove he said all that!” he said. “Because he also told me you told him about your parents!”

                I winced and nodded slowly. But I still didn’t believe him. Someone would have to be fucked up to do all of this just to cure boredom. Skylar was probably just jealous or something. But I didn’t want to fight with him, so I would let it drop and talk to Cameron about it later.

                “Let’s go back to your house. My grandma probably isn’t too happy that you’re here. How did you get in anyways?” I asked, changing the subject.

                Skylar had that frustration on his face, but he sighed in defeat, letting me have my way for now. “I, uh, I kind of insulted her,” he said with a slight shrug. “I lost my temper.”

                He shifted and got out of my bed. I copied him and pulled on a shirt and some shorts. I fixed my hair and checked my reflection in the mirror before going over and hugging Skylar.