Let The Games Begin {28}

***Skylar’s POV***

                “Jakey!” I cried as he rushed inside after Cameron.

                I sat down and buried my face in my hands. There he went, running away from me again. Not hearing me out again. Believing Cameron over me again.

                “What the hell just happened Skylar? I have to say, even I thought you punched him at first. Out of every trick he’s pulled, that had to be his best,” Seth said, moving next to me and placing a hand on my shoulder.

                I pulled my face away from my hands. “That sick fuck was taunting me about breaking Jakey and I up again and then turned and smashed his own face against the side of the school to make his nose bleed. I swear to god that kid is mental,” I said shakily.

                “We’ve got to get Jakey. You’ve got to get Jakey. He won’t believe you, not on this one, but you’ve still got to go after him,” Seth said, not meeting my eyes.

                I nodded. “I know. I’ll go get him,” I said quietly, standing up and heading inside.

                I looked around before spotting Jakey. He was leaning against the wall outside of the bathroom, probably waiting for Cameron.

                I made my way over to him. He spotted me and turned to get away from me. Before he got the chance to, however, I reached out and grabbed his arm.

                “You won’t believe me. I know you won’t. But I swear on my life that I didn’t hit him Jakey,” I said seriously.

                “Yea Sky. I bet he just punched himself,” Jakey said sarcastically.

                Well actually…

                I sighed, knowing it would be no use to explain it to Jakey. He wasn’t going to believe me if I told him what had really happened.

                “This time, I actually get why you don’t believe me. This is a pretty crazy situation. But please, don’t actually think I hit him. I’m not a violent person. You know that Jakey. So please. Just come to my house tonight. We have a lot to talk about,” I said, suddenly feeling exhausted. I was tired of fighting with Jakey. Tired of watching him pick Cameron over me. I just wanted to work things out with him so that we could go back to normal. If we didn’t get Cameron out of the picture soon, I knew he was going to succeed in breaking me and Jakey up.

                Jakey tugged his arm out of my grip. “No. We need a break Skylar. You’re scaring me,” he said flatly.

                “And you’re scaring me!” I said, trying desperately to keep my patience with him. Yelling at Jakey wouldn’t fix the situation.

                “How am I scaring you?” Jakey asked, truly shocked.

                “It scares me how much you trust Cameron over me! You’ve known me your whole life, and we’ve been dating for four years. And yet you still trust Cameron more than me. No matter how many times I try to tell you that he’s doing this on purpose, you don’t believe me. It’s frustrating Jakey!” I said, a bit of irritation slipping into my words towards the end.

                Jakey narrowed his eyes at me, slipping into his defensive mode. “I trust you!” he cried. “But, come on Skylar, are you really going to tell me you didn’t just hit him? His nose was freaking gushing blood!”