✰ONE✰

"Welcome home, doll face." Phil muttered softly pushing the front door open with his fingers. Phil placed his hand on the small of Dan's back pulling him further into the penthouse.

✰✰✰

Everything seemed like a blur at the moment.

Dan blinked, he raised his fists to his eyes rubbing them slightly, suddenly feeling some tears prick them.

He didn't know if the drops of liquid collecting on his waterline were from the events earlier—

"His fucking name is Philip Lester? That's a guy's name Dan..."

"D-ad.."

"P-Ple-Please st—"

"You are NOT allowed to talk to that man again."

CLASH CLASH CLASH

RUN Run run

—or if his chestnut irises were just giving up on keeping them open for the day.

Being shown around the house took some energy and knowing what happened today—beauty sleep was an absolute must at the moment.

Blinking away the raindrops forming in his optics, a robust shadow casts over the smaller boy. With childlike curiosity, Dan shifted his chin up, teary hazelnut eyes colliding with blue fire.

Lights from the (extremely lavished) looking kitchen made the complexion of the male causing the shadow to seem more mysterious than sweet. But strikingly enough, Phil reached down and placed his gentle hand beneath Dan's chin, examining him like a piece of art.

"You've had a long day," Were the words Phil said to the younger. "Would you like me to show you your room?"

Dan nodded his head, a soft yawn racking his body as the yearning for sleep dipped his eyelids.

"Come on, princess." Phil stated, he held out his hand making Dan unwillingly flinch.

He shifted up his look feeling immediately guilt-ridden. "S-Sorry I didn't me-mean—"

"It's okay, love. Let's get you to bed." In one swift motion, Phil swooped Dan up letting him wrap his legs around his waistline.

Each action was dreamlike. How caring Phil was, every single thing was unimaginable to Dan.

Dan tucked his thumb in between his pink lips, resting his throbbing head on Phil's shoulder.

Finally.

The comfort of being safe, protected.

Phil's mouth lifted into a grin as he noticed Dan already drifting to sleep.

"Tomorrow, we'll go shopping. Adventure around London, go over some things." The punk stated his smile a mirror of the crescent moon.

The hue nodded sleepily as Phil slowly made it to the other end of the hallway.

Everything was how it should be.

But this wasn't the end. This is merely the beginning.

:)