✰TWELVE✰

Dan noticed the sound of the door unlocking. Like a puppy, he jumped up and onto his knees waiting for Phil to merge into the living room; his usual smiley face greeting him.

But a cloud of grey gloom hung over Phil's head, canceling all thoughts as he dragged his feet. He lifted his head and immediately a smile turned up his cheeks when he saw Dan—but his eyes stayed the same; droopy and light lack there of.

Dan stared up at Phil while he stepped closer.

The pastel jutted out his bottom lip, making Phil tilt his head. "Daddy..?"

Phil plopped down on his couch and easily pulled his baby onto his lap. He screwed up his expression looking at Dan.

"What happened Daddy.. you're berry sad."

Phil sighed dropping his head on Dan's shoulder making Dan pout and rub Phil's back. "Whas wrong?"

Phil shook his head. He lifted his gaze and gently tapped Dan's lips with his finger. "Nothing you need to worry about, sweets."

Dan pushed his bottom lip out further.. making Phil raise an eyebrow.

"Stop pouting—"

Quickly, Dan cut him off with kisses lifting Phil's mood in the process. He then pulled away wrapping his arms around Phil's neck. "What happened? You can tell me annnnything. Just how I tell you everything it's your turn to spill all of the beans. Because! I wuv you and I'll always listen because you're the bestest in the whole wide world an-and—"

Phil chuckled softly, grabbing onto Dan's hips. "Okay silly."

"Did something bad happen at work?"

Phil placed his hand on Dan's chin brushing his thumb against Dan's lip. He sighed as Dan's puppy dog eyes bore into his soul causing him to "spill".

"Yeah, princess.. something did happen today—I had to kick PJ out of the gang."

Dan's eyes widened in slight shock. "P-PJ? But you guys were kind of best friends."

Phil cocked up his mouth on one side, his eyes sneering. "Yeah well, the asshole asked for it."

Dan scooted off of Phil's lap, he stood up adjusting his shorts and grabbed Phil's hand pulling him off of the couch.

A worn mumble in resent came from Phil as Dan tugged him towards their bedroom. "Baby boy.. I-I'm so tired, I...I can't tonight—"

Dan whipped around still keeping their hands connected. "Now you listen here mister, we're going to cuddle till you're all better. You don't have an option."

Phil chuckled letting Dan push him into bed immediately jumping in after. He leaned over on the bedside table and clicked on Full House mainly for background noise.

Phil pulled his baby underneath his arm, his heart starting heal over the situation that happened earlier. With a grin, he tugged Dan even closer and pinched his bum causing him to squeak.

Phil giggled, kissing the baby's head. "Thank you, princess."

"Welcome dada.." He smiled, pressing his body into Phil's. Everything feeling okay at the moment, the scale balanced perfectly in the middle between good and bad.

For now, at least.

a.n.
Sorry, this chapter was terribly written.
;)