✰FIVE✰

"You imbecile!!" Dodie whisper-yelled, throwing her hands up in the air.

PJ leaned against the wall. His shoulders slacked and his leather lathered arms crossed over his chest.

"Why'd you tell him?! How did you know Dan even moved in with Phil?" Dodie jutted our her chin in full irritation. "It was Phil's—thing! To tell!"

PJ shrugged then pushed his shoulders back retracting himself from the wall. "Chill out, I didn't even get to tell him." He said nonchalantly waving his hand dismissively.

"You would have if I wasn't here!" Dodie rubbed her face roughly and raked her soft hands through her short curls in semi-rage. She pointed her finger at him with a wide stance. "You know Phil's gonna have your head on a silver platter once he figures out you're the one who took away Dan's trust in—!"

"Do-Dodie?"

She whipped around to see Dan standing in the door way, tears brimming his big brown doe eyes.

As quick as a bee, Dodie rushes over to him and grabbed his cheeks like a mother would to her child. "What's wrong Dan? Are you okay?" Her tone heightened.

"I-Is Ph-Phil cheating o-on me?"

She gently wiped his tiny tears away with her thumbs and easily shook her head. "Oh goodness no, hunny," She tried to smile to lighten the mood. "Philip is the most loyal man I know."

Peej huffed almost inaudibly and rolled his eyes.

Dan raised his forearm to his eyes and smeared the remaining feel of wetness off his face, then sniffed. "Then why did he lie to me? We-We've been dating for a year and a half now.."

Dodie let out an exasperated sigh and placed her hand on the nape of her neck rubbing it. "Dan, I think that's something you need to ask Phil about..yourself."

✰✰✰

As if on cue, the bell to the entrance sang loudly.

Phil stepped into the shop. The air feeling tense as Dodie and Pj sat on one end of the shop and Dan stood by the cash register organizing coins by putting them in a specific bin.

Rush hour was over by the time Phil was back; meaning Dan had to act completely normal knowing he's been lied to and he was told a secret that wasn't supposed to be shared—of course not yet anyways.

Dan didn't look up. He didn't want to, he felt like Phil didn't trust him.

PJ sat on his iPhone scrolling through Instagram without a single care in the world.

Phil let out a groan, and without looking; he flipped the shop's open sign to closed setting his things down on a nearby table with a thud. He soughed and twisted his body towards Dodie, knowing full well she would give him answers. "Why the hell is PJ here and why is my boyfriend seemingly scared to look at me?"

Dan finally did look up, but his face was shifted into a questionable expression. "Wh-Why'd y-you lie to me about your job?"

Phil let his jaw go unhinged, his heart started to pace. He snapped his head towards PJ who just giggled in response and rose his hands in defense.

"Philll, the boy had to know at some point."

Phil bared his teeth, unseeable anger radiating off of him. He stomped closer to him clenching his fist. "It wasn't your place to tell him I'm a—"

"He didn't tell Dan what we are, Phil." Dodie said rubbing her head with her thumb and index finger. Tiredness and annoyance clinging to her eyelids.

Phil shifted towards Dan, who stood patiently only wanting a simple explanation.

"Ca-Can we go home, please?" Dan babbled.

Phil nodded and stepped towards him reaching out for his hand. "Yeah," He says  sending a hard stare over to a grimacing PJ. "I owe you an explanation." Reluctantly, Dan gripped onto Phil's palm, squeezing tightly.

✰✰✰

You could hear a pin drop in the living room. Dan was glad knowing Phil was going to eventually tell him this mix-up. He sat on a corner of the huge comfy couch; legs cris-crossed and fragile hands laid in his lap.

Phil then stepped into the room, the faint tip tap, tip tap of his shoes causing Dan to go mad. Making his way, he sat down lightly in front of Dan, leaning forward. "Baby," He says slightly above a whisper. "There's a reason why I protected you from the truth."

Dan blinked, not bothering to respond his expression saying it all.

Phil steepled his fingers, thinking on every way to convert his truth into words. "I didn't—I didn't want you to be scared of me."

Dan shook his head instantly which was also the only response he gave.

With a sigh, he closed his eyes for a little while then opened them again. "Dodie, PJ, myself, and few other people are in a type of—organization."

Dan hesitated to talk, he opened his mouth to ask the obvious question. "Organization? What kind of organization."

Phil sat up straighter, tightening his strong grip on his own hands. "A gang organization."

Time stopped in it's tracks; screeching like tiers against a dirty-feeling street. Dan took in a sharp breath, staring with wide eyes.

It all made sense now, the extravagant pent house, his willingness to spend, how his money could replace water.

Dan tried his hardest to wrap his mind around the thought. "You work for a gang?" He questioned eyes blinking quickly, almost in disbelief.

Phil breathes through his nose, and shook his head lowering it to his hands which were in his thighs. In a swift motion he popped up his head and raised his shoulder upwards. "Well. I operate the gang.."

"You're a gang leader?" Dan backed away. "...you h-hurt people?"

Phil swallowed, gulping all the air he could muster. "I-I hurt," He paused seeing Dan's expression slowly change from scared to horrified. "I take charge with bad folks; wanted criminals and robbers."

Dan looked down at his lap, and nodded his head. "Bad people...?"

Phil grabbed Dan's hand and folded it so his pinkie was up. He connected his pinkie with brunette's promising him. "Only bad people." He sternly stated with a persuading nod of his head.

a.n
Question 1: Do you like this chapter?: Yes or no?
Question 2: Short chapters (500-900 words) or long chapters (1000-2000 words)?: Yes or no?
:) thx xx