✰TEN✰

The door to the gang warehouse swung open and the sound of cocked guns echoed throughout the garage.

Phil sneered his eyes and immediately stopped discussing his plans with Mark.

Dan popped up his head from Phil's lap and blinked his eyes, tiredness curving them. Innocence racking through Dan he opened his mouth to mutter. "Who's that daddy?"

Phil shrugged and stood up leaving the curious Dan on the leather sofa. Phil opened the room's door and stepped outside, Mark following. Too exhausted to care, Dan laid his head back down on the arm of the black leather, tucking his hands under his head for a cushion.

One man came marching through the door but before the man could get anywhere close to Phil, a gun was pointed to his head causing him stop.

Mark held the pistol, pressing the barrel into the man's temple causing him to lift up his hands in defense.

"What the hell do you want?" Phil barked at the weaponless stranger stepping towards him.

"Daniel Howell," The mysterious man stated, his neck and part of his face littered with snake tattoos. "A small boy named Daniel Howell. You know him?"

Phil's stomach dropped but his expression stayed the same. "Why?" He retorted quickly.

"My name is Brendon, my gang is after him, supposedly you're close to him and he's the bait."

Phil pulled out a hand gun and aimed it at the man's forehead, letting Mark step away. "Why are you selling your gang out?" He gritted his teeth staring the man down.

Tattoo guy didn't seem like he was phased as if the threat of his life didn't impact him. "I've got a girl too. I would hate for anyone to hurt her because they wanted to hurt me."

Phil squinted his eyes, feeling his heart pound against his rib cage. He lowered his gun from the man's head and shifted his gaze over to Dodie who had her arms crossed and a peculiar look on her face.

"Tie him up, if anyone comes looking shoot 'em both."

Immediately, the man was being dragged away, he pleaded saying he was telling the truth. Phil wasn't going to take any chances especially if Dan's name was being thrown around like a ball on a child's playground.

Phil presses his thumb and index finger into the bridge of his nose, thinking. The leader turned around heading back towards the back room.