✰NINE✰

a.n.
Sorry I'm late!
Also
I saw a comment about why I'm making Peej the "asshole" and just so you guys know, I adore PJ wholeheartedly and I didn't purposely make him the asshole. I just kind of chose him to be?? I hope I don't offend anyone 💕

Dan tossed the rag he was currently using to wipe down crumpet crumbs from past customers. "But why does PJ do that?" Dan asked, his voice sinking like the titanic. He laced his fingers together almost in a nervous way but not quite.

Dodie looked up from sweeping the floor, her already round eyes now wide at Dan's sudden question. She took in a breath and shook her head. "Peej is just like that, he doesn't like adjustments or change. And with you being Phil's ultimate priority," She let go her breath as Dan gave her his whole undivided attention. "He's either happy or worried that Phil will make a mistake—"

Dan stopped her, scrunching up his features. "Happy or worried?" He paused, tilting his head to one side. "Happy or worried, why would he be hap—?"

Dodie then turned around placing the broom she was using in a storage closet. She pulled out a nearby chair and gestured Dan to sit down.

Feeling like a child in trouble, Dan pulled out the chair opposite from her and sat down. Watching her steeple her fingers, Dan gazed at her, wondering what was to be said.

"PJ.." She then furrowed her eyebrows doing everything to try and organize her thoughts. "He's been trying to take over Phil's gang for years."

Dan gulped. "But? Why? I thought da-Phil was friends with PJ."

She shrugged her shoulder, tilting her head to each side of her shoulders; indecisive. "Yeah, they're friends babe, but PJ doesn't liked to be bossed around and neither does Phil," She leaned back in her chair, rolling her shoulders. "And now that you're here, Peej is happy that you might make Phil 'retire' and worried that you won't."

Dan finally breathed out nodding. "Ohh. Bu..But I won't make Phil go away. He loves you guys."

"That is exactly why, PJ does the things he does," Dodie smiled getting up from her chair. "But you don't need to worry about all this, sweets," She walked around the small table and booped Dan on the nose. "All you need to worry about is you and your daddy, okay?"

Dan laughed then nodded.

Dodie giggled then turned around leaning over the coffee counter picking up a tiny causal tote bag. "Alrighty, you're on your own, cupcake! I'll be back in a jiffy."

Dan nodded beaming back at her watching her start to walk out the door.

She made it to the exit and opened the door then leaned back to look at him once more. "Oh, and Phil told me to remind you that he would be here in about 25."

Dan laughed then nodded again. "I can handle this, Dodie."

She grinned softly. "I know, love. I'll see you in a bit!"

Dan waved as she headed out the front door walking towards her car.

✰✰✰

Dan popped up his head as the shop's door opened. He hoped for Phil to come waltzing through the entrance but his sight matched up with a high in structure male.

The middle aged man came fast through the door; seemingly irked over something unknown.

Dan just smiled wishing for it to lift the man's angered mood, but to no prevail.