✰TWENTY✰

"I want PJ dead," Phil said quietly, feeling sudden guilt. "I'm tired of this uncertainty, the threat text messages, constant watch over Dan it's no fair for all of you and him."

Mark's eyes flashed, his heart overpowering. "Boss, you're really doing this?"

Phil exhaled. "I have no choice, Mark." He covered his mouth with his hand. "PJ could end up finding Dan's new number, and track him down—hurt him in some way—I can't have that."

Mark nodded reluctantly. "You're right."

Phil stood tall, puffing out his chest. "Alright guys.. we're doing this."

It still felt wrong.

PJ and Phil have indeed been friends since the beginning; but unlike PJ said, Phil didn't steal the gang from him.

Michael Lester, Phil's father, and Peter Liguori, Peej's father were best friends causing their children to instantly become friends as well.

Michael and Peter found the gang together, making them both the leaders of their mafia. But when an outburst from their ultimate rivals broke out, Michael and Peter were found dead in their own homes along with Peter's wife.

Police were to unable to find the killers or were afraid to stop them, leaving the gang who killed their father's free to roam the streets.

When leader's life take their toll, it's up to their children to step up and take their place; which was the case for Phil.

Phil's mom died in childbirth, leaving Phil to be the only hire of the gang throne beside PJ, who also survived the war between gangs.

But, like any human would, PJ fell into a depression with his parents death causing him to fall behind in being a commander.

After a year, Phil was adjusted to being a leader; he's been hurt before and yes, he cried when he saw his father bleeding to death—but he had a job. A job much bigger than him, and to keep his father's memory alive, he stood tall.

While PJ did not. He found his emotions more important than being the next head mobster—making him become only a member.

Though now, he wants his throne back.

"Mark, I want you on Dan duty, that way if shit goes down I can trust you'll keep him safe." Mark gave a firm nod, shoving his knife down his pocket.

Philip glanced at Felix as he turned around in his chair from looking at his computer screens. "I want you on PJ's ass, constantly. Finding out where he's staying, where he has been, and exactly what he's been doing."

Felix swiveled back around putting his hand in the air, pointing at Phil. "You got it boss."

"Dodie, I want you training, your going to be my gunman, if PJ pulls out a gun, you shoot. We have no time to hesitate."

She twirled her gun around her finger, and walked away towards the shooting range in their base.

Phil wired his hands together, feeling disbelief in himself. Never did he think he would be on a mission to kill his best friend. Phil walked towards Mark, and clasped a hand on his shoulder. "Speaking of taking care of littles, is Jack going to be alright? If you need to, you could always bring him over to stay with you and Dan—"

Mark shook his head, closing his eyes. "Jack's on holiday with his parents for a few, I've been alone for the past two days."

Phil grinned. "Okay, then is it to much to ask if you come over tomorrow. I want to get this done and over with as soon as possible."

"Say no more, Phil," Mark said, putting up his hand. "Everything is going to be taken care of."

Philip raked his hands through his hair slowly letting go of his breath. "I guess I should go wake up Dan and tell him."

Mark put his chin up and shoulders back. "Everything is going to be okay, the doll will understand."

Phil nodded trying his hardest to believe him. "I hope you're right, Mark," Phil turned around to leave. "I'll see you tomorrow."

Phil walked towards the back rooms, but just before he placed his hand on the round metal door handle; Dan pushed open the door rubbing his eyes. With a slightly pink-eyed look and shoulders slouched, Dan looked up to see Phil.

Phil giggled and swiftly picked him up, Dan's form easily molding around Phil's body; hugging him tightly.

Any touch of Dan caused Phil to lose his own touch of the world—nothing else mattered, he didn't need to worry anymore, he had Dan and that's what was important.

Until of course, the mirage of no PJ disappeared and Phil's mind whirled again.

Phil kissed the side of Dan's cheek then whispered in his ear. "Come on, poppet. I have some things to tell you."

✰✰✰

Phil twisted his ring in a way to avoid his eye contact as Dan sat on the bed cris-cross in front of him.

"Whas wrong?"

Phil looked up matching his gaze with Dan.

"Baby," He hesitated. "I'm—I have to go away for a tiny bit for business."

"Away? For h-how long?"

Phil sighed. "I'm not sure, a week at the most," He placed his hand on Dan's thigh. "It's not going to be that long, and Mark is going to stay with you so you're not alone, okay?"

Dan bit his lip but nodded in agreement. "But, when?"

Phil pulled Dan into a long embrace, kissing him in the process. "Tomorrow night." Phil breathed. "I promise you baby, I'll comeback, don't ever doubt I won't, understand?"

Dan looked up and bobbed his head. "Yes, Daddy."

"I love you, princess."

Dan gripped onto the back of Phil's shirt tightly. "I love you too, Daddy."

a.n.
🤠🤠🤠