✰FINAL✰

a.n.
I had the idea to throw Dan off a building for so long man you don't know how excited I was last chapter haha!!

"Shit, shit, shit, shit." Was the only sentence replaying in Phil's mind. He as swiftly as possible shot up, getting ready to dive into the water. With zero hesitation, he leaned forward only to be abruptly yanked back down hitting the concrete floor with a harsh, bone chilling thud.

Phil opened his eyes wide from having them in a squint seeing James's bloody face.

In one motion that almost went unnoticed to Phil, James stabbed the knife downwards but luckily Phil dodged it. He flipped back onto his feet shuffling around for any weapon on his body he could use; nothing.

"My son took my wife," with each complain that came from Mr. Howell, he swung the knife trying to kill Phil. Phil though, was too quick for the old man. "My son then left me!" He yelled with his dandelion teeth gritted. He then had Phil cornered.  "And you! Took my son!" With one last slice of his knife, he cut the side of Phil's cheekbone.

Phil spotted a thrown gun and kicked James in the groin, making the knife fly and fall over the building.

James snarled, as now he was the one who was pressed up against the wall, but instead of a knife, Phil's gun nudged into his chest.

"Oh please, James," He let himself chuckle quickly. "You're just pissed that your son calls me daddy too." Then Phil pulled the trigger, causing Mr. Howell to be thrusted back.

Usually, Phil would have felt victory but in haste he ignored it and jerked himself over the side of the building moving his body into a diving position.

The frigid water was an utter shock, in an act to ignore it he opened his eyes as the salt made him squint. His cheeks were puffed out as he held in his breath, the dark gloomy sky reflected off the water making it pitch black underneath. Phil swam up frantically searching for any sign of life.

Unknown inky waters for miles; nothing..

Instantly, he went back under swimming; his furious gaze scanning everything he could take in. Still nothing.

Every second was another second off of Dan's life. Panicked; he felt his lungs start to cave as his oxygen gave out. He pushed himself back up taking in a loud gasp of air through his mouth.

He stayed on top of the water and scanned the slight dark waves. Then suddenly he noticed a few bubbles floating to the surface. Automatically, Phil moved his arms and kicked his feet not taking his time to move. He fights against each wave, exhaustion starting to slow his pace. He took in a deep breath then slipped underneath the waters pushing against the current.

His heart rate accelerated, beeping harshly against his chest as he swam deeper. He kept his eyes opened as his sight finally fell upon Dan. He hastily swam closer, feeling his being start to give in to fatigue but he pushed himself. He pushed on for Dan's life, if he got his baby into this mess he sure as hell will get him out.

He lost his air mid way up, his ears popped and suffocation tried to kill him but as lucky as he was tonight, he made it to the surface pulling Dan up with him.

As difficult as it was, Phil persevered through the entire thing swimming while holding Dan in one of his arms. After what felt like a million years they made it to shore, where the tide slowly came in and blanketed the sharp rocks. Phil's hands instantly dropped to Dan's wrists and ankles undoing the ties bounding him.

Phil finally had a good chance to look at Dan but he didn't think twice as he immediately pressed his palms together pushing on the baby's chest.

1 push.
2 pushes.
3 pushes.