✰THIRTY✰

a.n.
get your popcorn, and some candy because this is a long one❤️❤️

A cold gust of wind blew against his skin. Phil's eyes blinked slowly, then quickly as his recollection tried to creep away from him. Though he shook his head, the black clouds guarding his vision finally clearing.

In front of his face was Dan who sat primly, like a princess would. The boy's legs crossed over one another, with wrists knotted and pressed together in his lap and his fingers curled tightly around the brim of the building. If he shifted a single pace backwards; his body will go plummeting into the swishing dark waters below. The lights from the hotels sign illuminating his gentle soft features. The little boy trembled with every puff of wind that managed to touch him.

Phil dropped his head staring down at his black shoes that pressed into the compacted concrete floor of the roof. He noticed how tightly his hands were bound to the metal chair he sat on and how secure his ankles were tied.

"He's a beaut.. isn't he?" Felix said coming into the frame, running his knuckle against Dan's cheek, his revolting smug grin plastered on his face. Dan still sat in disgust and jolted away from him. "Don't you think?"

The very sound of Felix made Phil tick forward; his body like an animatronic on a mode set to kill anything that attempted to hurt his baby. Felix chuckled making Phil clench his teeth hard, a vein in his neck pulsating in hostility.

Phil closed his eyes trying to shield his imagination from what Felix could eventually do to Dan. "Yeah I know he's adorable," He grumbled. "I've actually seen his soul, inside and out..." A muscle in his jaw clenched trying to hold back most of his anger. "But touch, hurt, or harm him—it'll be the last thing you ever do."

Felix leaned in closer, his joker grin raising to his ears. "I can do what I want, Philly."

Phil pressed his lips together, shaking his head. "Not with out me, overall I am still in control until you shoot me dead." He paused. "And if you shoot me dead right now, you won't get what you want and if you hurt him, like hell you'll win."

Felix backed up, biting the inside of his cheek. He hated to agree, but Phil was right. "Mm."

"So, let's get this over with, enough with the surprises," Phil tugged on his restraints trying to whisper so Dan couldn't hear. "Let's get what you want and get the babes out of here, aye?"

Felix kept a steady gaze on Phil until a slow nod moved his neck. "Alright, let's start with your roll in the gang," He reaches behind his back taking his phone out of his pocket. He clicked on the device a few times then held the phone out. He put the call on speaker letting it ring.

"Phil?" Asked Dodie from the other end of the line. "Why did you privatize you're number? It says it's you—"

"Dodie." Phil cut her off in mid sentence making Dan's heart beat.

Is he really doing this? Dan thought. Handing over his job to Felix so easily?

"I have a demand for you and PJ," He says. Phil's voice strong, assertive. You could see the hurt behind his eyes and you knew this was one of the worst positions he has ever been in and the last he will ever be in. "As of now, you will look to Felix for leadership—"

"What!?" Dods screeched, her eyebrows furrowed together as she stood at the end of Mark's hospital bed.

Lively and awake, Mark sat up groaning in treacherous pain, around his optics was red and puffy from crying. "Wha-t?"

Immediately, Dodie nudged him back down, pressing her index finger into his lips in order to keep him quiet. "What do you mean we look to Felix now?" She protested.