✰FOUR✰

A week went by and Dan, fortunately, got the job (due to some advantages).

Phil always stuck around during his shifts; sitting in the back corner of the shop with a pearl white mug of hot coffee that was sweetened to the point where a five-year-old would find it enjoyable. His pointed nose stuck up his computer as he typed away at unknown e-mails.

As of the moment, Dan was wiping down a few tables with a slightly damp rag, quietly humming to himself knowing no one would bother. It was way before rush hour so the shop was calm so far.

Phil got up from his seat and snuck up behind Daniel, wrapping his strong tattoed arms around his skinny form. A tiny giggle left Dan's lips as Phil tucked a loose curl behind his ear so he could lean and whisper. "I'll be right back. I forgot my charger at home."

Dan grinned instantly. "Y'know," He fully turned around pressing his backside against the table. "You don't always have to watch me work."

Phil nodded his head agreeing with his statement. "But what's the point of staying at home when I can be with you."

Dan rolled his eyes with a cheeky smile. "Okay cheeseball, go away." With little effort, he pushed him away from himself both giving off lighthearted chuckles.

The punk then pressed a gentle kiss into Dan's forehead and made his way over to the corner he once sat at and packed up his things. Dan continued to clean the countertop as Phil stepped out of the door, the bell digging with his exit.

After a few minutes, with nobody to serve, Dan took it upon himself to offer a coffee refill to a quiet young girl who was also clicking away at a newborn novel. After the boredom started to set in he sat next to Emily, merely after placing the scorching coffee pot back on its brewing stand. He wiped his hands on his apron and inaudibly grinned at her, wrinkles crinkling the corners of his eyes. "I love how calm this shop is, and everyone I've served has been really nice."

Emily nodded then laughed half-heartedly. "Wait till lunch rolls around Danny, that's when things get overwhelming."

Dan shrugged then leaned down and rubbed his eyes but almost immediately stopped. To his excitement, the bell attached to the door shook indicating there was finally a customer.

A taller male stepped foot into the store, his head half shaved and the other half a light brown streaked with shimmers of red. His emerald eyes contrasted almost perfectly with his outfit; which consisted of a black leather jacket and black skinny jeans. His form was on the more robust side but not as big as Phil. He raked his black painted nails through the half of his hair, revealing a silver eyebrow piercing. He walked like he owned part of the world.

Dan promptly stood up from his chair and sauntered behind the cash register ready to take this mysterious man's order. Taking one easy look Dan had a hidden talent for figuring out the sizes of a coffee cup a customer wanted. The new empty cups were directly behind the cash register, which Dan twisted around to grab one when a sudden voice cut him off.

"A little birdy told me that Phil's baby works here now." Pronounced the green-eyed man. Dan's heart then dropped to his toes causing slight fear that this really tall scary looking guy had any idea about him and Phil.

Dan looked up from his medium sized cup and placed the sharpie that rested at the intervals of his feminine fingers in the crease of his ear. He craned his neck to see the man standing, smirking like he had some power over Dan—but he didn't it was just the look in his eyes that gave Dan the chills. "Wha-What? Who are you?"

"PJ, PJ Liguori. Phil's right-hand man you could say." He said oh-to confidently.

Dan smiled a smile that was so genuinely sweet with just the right touch of shyness. "Oh!" He gushed, immediately sticking out his hand to greet this PJ. "I'm Dan."

PJ grinned, and firmly shook his hand. "Oh, I know. You're all Phil talks about, other than our operations."

Dan gave a brittle laugh and let his head fall to one shoulder. "Operations?" He implored; theorizing in his mind. "You work with Phil?"

PJ pushed his lips to one side, thinking. "More like beside Phil."

Dan furrowed his eyebrows together, shifting his weight. "He told me that he works for his Dad's CEO company..."

PJ simpered, looking pleased with himself, with Dan not knowing why.

"Phil's dad, is dead," PJ's eyebrow raised up creating wrinkles on his forehead. "Huh.." He exaggerated. He picked at his nail then looked right into Dan, staring hard into his soul. "You really don't know anything about your daddy, do you?" He added his smile caving his features.

Dan squinted his eyes in confusion; his brain overflowing with questions and unholy explanations. "What—" He gulped. "What do you mean?"

"Phil isn't who he says he is, Daniel."

Urgently, Dodie grabbed this PJ by the arm and yanked him away down the hallway and through the "Employees Only" door leaving an almost petrified Dan at the counter.

a.n
Interesting yet? ;)