07 | Loss

"MS. MALHOTRA, SECURITY called. There is someone waiting for you downstairs."

Nyla looked up to face the intern who was replacing Hyeon for a couple of days. According to her calendar, she didn't have another appointment until a few hours later but the intern could have screwed up.

Nyla sighed. She couldn't wait to have Hyeon back. At the same time, she couldn't fault the intern either, but Nyla knew that the mousy haired girl would not fair well in a fast-paced business environment like Renne.

"Well, are you going to tell me who it is?"

The intern blushed, "Yes of course. I was getting to that. It's Mr. Giordano from G Health."

Nyla raised an eyebrow. "Last I checked, he wasn't on my calendar. What is he doing here?"

"I, d-don't know." The poor girl stumbled over her words.

Nyla hated it, but she needed to be hard on the interns. She wasn't ever degrading them, but she was teaching them how the business world functioned. Based on that evaluation, Nyla would be able to asses whether they were a right fit for the company.

"It is a part of your duties to find out all the information before coming to me." Nyla explained in a firm tone. "Frankly, there are always people trying to sneak into the building and it can be threat to our safety."

The intern looked scared out of her wits.

"However, in this case, I know Mr. Giordano and because my schedule is a free for a bit, you can go bring him up."

The intern pointed towards herself, "Me?"

Nyla nodded. "If we have someone coming into our building, its customary for the secretaries to make sure they arrive in the right location and don't get lost."

Nyla waved her hand. "Go bring him up."

The intern scampered away, and Nyla took the time to tidy a few things around her office. For the most part, she kept it clean but somehow, mid-day she would often find herself amid files and her laptop. She finished sending a few important emails and returned to the proposal she'd been viewing.

There was a knock on her door, "Come in." she said, barely glancing up from her files.

It would surely piss off Darius and that thought alone made her smile.

There were a few moments of silence when neither party send anything, but her intern coughed in a way that indicated she was anything but sick.

She looked up to see Darius standing in a double-breasted navy suit. The gold cufflinks glittered when the sun hit him, and Nyla took a moment to appreciate how well the outfit was pieced together. Few were brave enough to pull a double-breasted suit and it didn't look good on everyone's figure, but on Darius' it looked more than perfect.

"This is Mr. Giordano." Her intern introduced her then blushed when realizing how stupid it sounded to introduce Darius to Nyla.

Nyla felt pity on her. "You can go return to your work now. Hold all my calls for an hour but if someone extremely important calls, let them through."

The intern nodded before making her exit from Nyla's office, except she tripped. Nyla watched in second-hand embarrassment as her intern tumbled towards to floor but she didn't fall—because Darius caught her.

Nyla almost rolled her eyes. Of course, he would catch her.

The dark-haired women blushed even more if it was possible before she practically fled from Nyla's office. Darius watched her departure.