36 | Fight

NYLA WALKED INTO her office and then immediately walked right out to Hyeon's desk. She pointed inside, "Where did those flowers come from?"

Hyeon looked up from her screen before following Nyla's gaze. Her face morphed into a frown. "They were dropped by earlier, with a note that just said to place them in your office."

Nyla looked at the bouquet of Gardenia's suspiciously. Ever since the bomb package incident, she didn't like anything coming up to her office. All her packages were opened by security before they made their way upstairs. "Do you still have the card?"

Hyeon nodded before passing along a slim white card. The only words on it were Please place these in Nyla's office.

As she walked back into her office, Nyla continued looking at the card. She couldn't recognize the handwriting, but it seemed very familiar. For the next couple of hours, she looked over the various budgets, but the cards and flower stayed in her mind. She had a couple of theories in mind and she was quite sure she could narrow the individuals down. She'd seen the writing in one of the contracts that had been signed earlier.

Pulling open the files, she began sifting through them hoping to match the handwriting. She'd almost given up when she pulled up the last file, the contract between G-Health and Renne. She saw the one of the clauses had been changed and written again. The writing matched the one on the card. Scanning to the end, Nyla saw that it had been signed by Darius. Her heart immediately went cold.

She'd told him not to contact her and hadn't heard from him in the last two weeks. All of a sudden, he was sending her flowers now?

A phone rang and she guilty placed the note back into her drawer. She'd done enough mooning over Darius to last a lifetime. The number didn't have a caller ID, so she wasn't sure who was calling her.

"Nyla Malhotra," she answered.

There was brief static on the line before it became crystal clear. "Ms. Malhotra, this is Agent Tessa from the F.B.I."

Nyla immediately straightened. She hadn't heard anything from them in a couple of months, so she'd assume they had reached a dead end and failed to contact her.

"Are you in a secure location?"

"Yeah, I'm in my office right now."

There was pause on the other line. "We don't know who might be listening in, if we send up a car, is it possible for you to meet with us?"

Nyla looked at her calendar. She didn't have a meeting scheduled for at least two hours and that gave her plenty of time. "Yeah, I'll be there."

"Good, there should be a black sedan waiting for you by the Renne lobby in the next few minutes. Don't tell anyone who you're meeting."

The line clicked before Nyla could respond. Well the F.B.I were efficient at least. It would be difficult to leave the office without anyone noticing but she was sure that Hyeon would be the hardest one to fool. Grabbing her bag, she exited the office.

"Where are you going?" Her assistant asked.

Nyla gave her a brief reassuring smile. "Something came up with one of the distributors so I'm just having meeting with their team."

"Do you want to have someone else to tag along with you? Perhaps me or George to write the meeting minutes?"

Nyla smiled tightly. "No, I'm good. It's an informal visit, it shouldn't take too long."