31 | Nephew

"IN CONCLUSION, ALL the data indicates an upward sales trend for the vitamins because the reviews have been positives and people have already begun purchasing refills." Everly said, placing down the clicker on the boardroom table.

Nyla nodded. "Did the news of the bombing affect any of the sales?"

Everly shook her head. "No, in fact it created an even greater hype. Distributing bottles to beauty influencers has been essential because their audience have started purchasing the products, especially after we gave them promotion codes and affiliate links."

A few more questions were asked by George and other senior members before the meeting we disbursed. Nyla watched as most of the members left, leaving only her and Everly in the room.

"You did good for your first presentation."

Everly's eyes glowed. "Thank you, I was nervous, but it seemed to go well."

"It did." She stood up and looked her in the eyes. "The only thing I would change is remove all the words and add more graphs. It's easier for people to grasp visual representation rather than words."

Everly nodded, accepting the feedback. "I'll be sure to do that for the next one."

"Good." Nyla said before exiting the meeting room.

She smiled as she walked towards her desk. All was well in her life. The vitamins were doing extremely well, better than both her and Darius forecasted, but the rest of the business was also doing well. Her and Darius were stronger than ever, often spending time at each others condo's or relaxing at home together. Nyla felt lighter than she had in months.

As she was about to enter her office, Hyeon came rushing forward, almost toppling over in her heels.

Nyla reached out a hand to steady her. "Slow down, what's the rush?"

"I was waiting till your meeting ended. Security called; a boy tried entering the building saying that he had an appointment with you. They thought he was crazy, so they tried moving him away, but his parents are nowhere near him."

"I don't have any appointments with children," Nyla said slowly.

"I know," Hyeon replied. "Security just wanted you to be on your guard, because, you know after the whole bombing incident..."

Nyla nodded. "Call a social worker and get them to deal with the situation. If it progresses, contact me. Until then, I'll be in the office, looking over the forecasted sales for the next quarter."

Hyeon nodded and Nyla collapsed on her chair before opening the folder Everly gave to her. She had a lot of work to do.

♠♠♠♠♠♠

Nyla grabbed her coat and purse before exiting her office. Although it was the beginning of February, New York City was still a chilly place. She had a lunch meeting with one of the other young women she was mentoring. The young women was trying to create a law clinic that would service low income families and those who didn't have much representation however, she was struggling with finding a viable business plan for it. That's where Nyla stepped in.

Although Nyla had never practice law, she'd been around enough lawyers to get a general idea of what worked in the law world and what didn't. She was hoping that she could push the young lady in the right direction.

Nyla nodded to the security team and she stepped out of the elevator. They had increased their security after the bomb threat and although a couple of people were dressed as regular security guards, Nyla knew they were the members of the FBI. Agent Tessa had placed a team with Nyla, and she was grateful to the women. It made her feel safer.