15 | Amends

"NYLA, KARISHMA IS is downstairs asking for you."

Nyla looked up from her files and scowled. She certainly did not want to meet with Karishma—wasn't the terrible bridal shower enough embarrassment?

"Tell her she can go home and is not welcome in the Renne headquarters."

Hyeon still stood in front of Nyla, not moving an inch.

"Well, get a move on it."

Something is Hyeon's gaze made her look again. "She's causing a scene," Hyeon spoken much more softly, "I think it's better if you probably just speak to her, so she can go away."

"I have nothing to say to her." Nyla said stubbornly.

"Nyla," Hyeon said sitting in the empty chair in front of her. "I think it will help if you speak to her. You might be able to get closure."

"Am I supposed to trust your opinions? You said the baby shower would be fun—it was possible the worse day of my life."

Hyeon's eyes flared in unusual anger. "Don't blame me for that—it wasn't my fault."

Nyla sighed. "You're right of course, it was wrong of me to speak to you like that."

There was a lull in the conversation and Nyla spun around in her chair to look at the people walking beneath her. A part of her was curious to see what Karishma had to say to defend herself. Out of all her former friends, she was the only one who had reached out—even after Nyla had cut ties.

"Fine, tell security to call her up here. She can talk to me in my office."

Hyeon looked around the place. "Are you sure that you don't want to speak anywhere else? Maybe a coffee shop?"

Nyla shook her head. A part of her wanted Karishma to come to her office and see the power she yielded. She might have gotten the guy, but she was the one with a corner office on the top floor of a thriving company. Immediately as the thoughts entered her head, she shrugged them out. She needed to stay calm.

A few minutes later, Hyeon knocked on her door and Nyla knew when she opened it, Karishma would be on the other side. She took a deep breath and called come in.

Karishma stood on the other side dressed in a tight pair of blue jeans and a soft cashmere sweater.

"Have a seat." Nyla said stiffly.

Hyeon shot her a glance, after realizing that Nyla wasn't going to offer Karishma any drinks, her assistant took over smoothly.

"What can I bring you to drink?"

Karishma sat down and nervously played with her fingers. "I'm alright."

"We insist," Nyla said. "There is probably a bottle of champagne lying around somewhere, we could have a toast to your fiancé."

Karishma flinched and Nyla felt bad for a second before she hardened herself again. She had not invited Karishma to come and talk to her—did her former friend really think that she was going to make things easy for her?

Hyeon glanced between the two of them. "I'll make you both tea."

"Thank you," Karishma said softly.

Nyla watched her assistant leave the office. There was an awkward silence between them. "So, do what do I owe the pleasure of your company?"

Karishma was still playing with the ring on her finger. When Nyla glanced at her, she immediately stopped. "I just didn't feel good after our encounter at my bridal shower."