28 | Threat

NYLA'S HANDS HADN'T stop shaking. Fear, unlike anything she'd ever known poured through her body. She stood there, still as a statue, note gripped in her hand.

Breath, she commanded herself.

Recalling the countless yoga classes, she'd taken, Nyla focused on her breathing. Her mind was traveling a thousand miles in four different directions, but she focused on her heartbeat and getting herself to calm down.

It took her five minutes before she was able to move and plan her next move. She called Hyeon on the line and told her to bring George and herself in the office. A few minutes later, both came into her office.

"Shut the door," she said calmly.

They didn't question her and Hyeon closed it. She handed the piece of paper, first to George then Hyeon. George immediately blanched, prompting Nyla to get him to sit down.

Hyeon snapped into business mode. "What do you need me to do?"

George was still silent, not saying anything.

"Get Olivia to go out on a bagel run for me saying that we have a meeting in a couple of hours. Give her some ridiculous place to visit so she won't be in our way."

Hyeon nodded.

"Call the security staff into my office. They'll need to lead the evacuations."

"Are we telling everyone?"

Nyla shook her head. "No, that would cause pandemonium. Everyone would be stumbling to get out of the building. We need to do this in an orderly manner."

Beside her George snorted, causing Nyla to raise an eyebrow in his direction. "Do you have anything to add?"

"As much as you try keeping this under wraps, it won't work. In twenty minutes, the entire building and Fox News will know the story."

Nyla had anticipated that, but she was hoping by that time, the entire building would be clear. "Relay to everyone that we are doing a practice fire drill, so everyone needs to evacuate the building."

Nyla gave Hyeon and George a couple of more tasks before ushering them out of her office. She picked up the phone and dialed the New York Police Department.

"Hi, my name is Nyla Malhotra and I'd like to report a bomb threat."

♠♠♠♠♠♠

Exactly ten minutes later, there were about twenty people crowding around her desk, including Special agents from the FBI, George, Hyeon, Anthony and her own security team.

"Did you see anyone enter the building with this box?" Special Agent Tessa questioned her head of security.

"No Ma'am. It must have been delivered through the mail room or hidden by another box."

"Has there been any suspicious activity lately in or around the building?"

The room remained silent. Nyla frowned, wondering if she should answer the Agent's question. The only connection she could recall was the chemical explosion at the plant. She also recalled the suspicious activity within her own business, but she didn't think it could be related at all.

"A few months ago, another factory was targeted." George spoke.

The agent nodded and George continued telling her all the facts. Nyla turned towards her head of security, "How is the evacuation going?"

The man winced, "Somehow, it got out that a bomb threat was sent to Renne Headquarters so it's absolutely pandemonium. The S.W.A.T team is doing their best to control everything and make sure everyone gets out smoothly."