20 | Sick

NYLA SNEEZED ONCE more, narrowly avoiding the papers placed on her desk.

Hyeon shot her another glance, "You should really head home."

Nyla shook her head and rubbed her temple absentmindedly. A headache was beginning to form. "I can't, I have to look over all of these papers before signing off on them."

"The papers will be here tomorrow Ms. Malhotra," Hyeon said gently, before placing a cup of tea in front of her. "Your health is more important."

"I'll be fine."

Hyeon glance at her once more before leaving the office. However, she didn't close the door fully as she normally did. A slit was left open—presumable for Hyeon to check on Nyla whenever she felt like it.

Nyla returned back to the files however it was extremely hard for her to focus. The numbers were blurring, and she had to read a single sentence at least twice to understand what it meant. Nyla frowned as she signed the next document. It was a report that listed the spending's of each department. The numbers were substantial higher than previous years however, Nyla couldn't figure out why.

She called Hyeon's line. "Are you able to get the Chief Financial officer to meet me today?"

Hyeon said she would find out if he was available. She shut down the phone and went back to the documents. Once she signed the necessary forms, she pushed them to the side and closed her eyes for a moment. Hopefully, not straining her eyes would help with her massive headache.

There was a knock on the door and Nyla opened her eyes abruptly. "Come in," she called.

Hyeon was at the door with another gentleman behind him.

"How may I help you?" she asked.

Hyeon gave her a look. "You asked for the head of finance?"

Nyla furrowed her brows and looked towards the papers. She did remember telling Hyeon to call a meeting, but she couldn't find the document she needed him to look over anymore. She scrambled madly flipping papers left and right and her hand hit the cup of tea Hyeon had made early.

The tea spilled on some of the documents and Nyla swore. Hyeon rushed forward with napkins and she tried soaking up the liquid.

"I think it's best that you go home now." Hyeon said softly enough that the other man couldn't here.

Nyla was about to refuse but then she looked at the state of her office. Realistically, she wasn't going to be able to do anymore work. The place looked like a mess.

Hyeon held up the soaked papers. "I'll let these sit on the table, so they'll be dry in the morning."

Nyla nodded and picked up her bag. As she was leaving, she realized that the man was still standing there, confusion etched on his face.

"Sorry about this," Nyla said with a forced smile. "I'm afraid I'm going to have to change our meeting to a later date."

She didn't wait for a reply before walking out. Anthony dropped her off home and Nyla kicked off her heels before falling on the couch. She didn't have any energy to move elsewhere.

♠♠♠♠♠♠

Nyla woke up with a startle to the sound of loud pounding. She was momentarily confused with her surroundings. Her throat was burning and felt scratchy. She tried soothing it with her hand. The room around her seemed blurry and it took a few moments for everything to come into focus.

The pounding continued. Nyla glanced towards the door—it seemed like she had an impatient visitor. Walking slowly, she opened to door to see Darius on the other side.