Epilogues

Epilogue 1: Three years later

SAWYER, NYLA'S LAWYER looked between Darius and her. "This is a terrible idea."

Jacob, Darius legal representation nodded his head, "For once, I agree with her."

Darius and Nyla shared a knowing smile. She clasped her fiancés' hands in hers and spoke to the lawyers who looked less than impressed. "It was suggested to us both to create a pre-nuptial agreement and this is our version of it."

Sawyer sighed before looking up at the pink sky. "Signing off your company shares to your soon-to-be partner is not the definition of a prenuptial agreement."

Nyla knew they both didn't have the same understanding that Darius and her did. It wasn't something the two of them rushed into—there had been many discussions prior to agreeing. They both felt that they believed in the love they had for each other and thus, giving their company shares to one another was a display of trust and devotion to not only each other but the marriage they were about to commit to.

"I've already signed the papers," Darius said firmly when Jacob and Sawyer continued arguing their point. "As has Nyla. We aren't going to change our mind over this."

Nyla nodded in agreement. Jacob looked as though he was about to throw himself over the pier into the water and Nyla understood how frustrating it could be. Sawyer, however got the message.

"We will forward the documents to you both." She stood up and tugged on Jacobs' shoulder. "We will also let you both enjoy your last night of freedom."

Nyla's mouth tugged into a smile and she watched Sawyer drag Jacob out of the restaurant. Her eye's met Darius and he smiled softly at her. She couldn't believe that they were getting married tomorrow. Most couples would want to spend their time with friends or alone before the wedding, but Nyla found that pointless.

She didn't want to have a bachelorette party and neither did Darius. Instead, the two of them went to Vegas for a couple of days to play at the tables. It was then Nyla realized she was exceptionally good at Poker after winning multiple hands. After Vegas, they had flown to Florida and had been enjoying their time on Darius' yacht. It was relaxing, being away from all the wedding preparations. Nyla knew if she'd stayed home, somehow, she would take over from their wedding planner, something she didn't want to do.

"Ready for the big day tomorrow?" Darius asked her.

Nyla nodded, "I've been ready for quite sometime."

Darius stretched out his hand, "As have I." 

He looked up at the sky and Nyla followed his gaze. Because of the light pollution, she wasn't able to see the stars, but she knew the Raymond was looking down upon her. Many people had tried to end their relationship, but they remained together. Nyla knew that her parents wouldn't be coming to the wedding tomorrow, but she took solace in the fact that her sister and nephews would be there. She had built a new family and she couldn't be more excited to marry Darius. They had accomplished quite a lot in the last few years, but she knew there was more they can do. The light caught a reflection of the now full ring one her finger and she smiled before standing up.

"Let's head back to the boat so I can wipe your ass once more in poker."

Darius merely cocked an eyebrow. "Oh, do you really think you can beat me?"

Nyla gave him a mischievous smile, "I know I can."

Darius pulled her closer before placing a kiss on the shell of her ear. "Then how about we make a bet?"