30 | Cat

HYEON GRINNED WHEN Nyla walked past her. "So how was the date? I need details!"

Nyla ducked not her office but Hyeon was relentless and she followed it. "Where did he take you?"

Knowing that Hyeon wouldn't leave before she got all the details, Nyla leaned back in her chair. "We went to watch the orchestra and then had dinner at some fancy French restaurant."

Hyeon frowned. "Couldn't that man be a little more imaginative? Hell, if he asked me for suggestions, I would have given it to him."

"It wasn't bad." Nyla said defensively.

Hyeon simply gave her pitiful smile. "You don't need to lie to me, you were probably bored out of your mind."

"I wasn't." Nyla said firmly. "A good date doesn't need to have the best location. All it needs are people who are interested and have chemistry."

"Oh, is that what you and Mr. Giordano have? Chemistry?"

A coy smile was present on Hyeon's lips and that's when Nyla knew that her secretary had been playing her the entire time. She gave her a stare that scared most people—but not Hyeon. "Not funny."

Hyeon grinned cheekily. "You have to admit that I have excellent acting skills."

"You must have lost your true calling." Nyla replied sarcastically. She made a shooing hand motion. "You've gotten your answers, now let me have some peace."

"To think about Mr. Giordano's dreamy eyes?"

"Hyeon!"

"Fine, I'll stop." Hyeon said with a smile but her tone morphed into something more serious. "George was in here earlier, asking to speak with you."

Nyla sighed. When was there ever a time where nobody needed her? "I'll go to his office."

Hyeon nodded before shutting the office door behind her. Her phone pinged and she opened it to receive a text from Darius.

There was a picture of a kiss and a note underneath. In case last nights kiss wasn't enough.

Nyla looked at the message and burst into laughter.

She replied quickly.

I think the chocolates need to be with me, instead of you.

There was no message for a couple of minutes.

You're right. Next time I'll bring lots of kisses 😉

Still smiling, Nyla shook her putting her phone back into her pocket. It was time for her to focus now and the first thing she needed to do was speak with George.

Nyla slipped out of the room and walked to her COO's office. When she neared, she saw that the door wasn't fully closed, and she could hear George screaming.

George's voice was audible. "It was a fucking stupid idea!"

Nyla frowned; she didn't know who he was yelling at.

"Because of you, I've had to take on more work to make sure that nobody fucking notices!"

Nyla knocked on the door and there was silence.

"Someone's here. I'll see you later tonight."

George opened the door and his faced morphed into surprise. "Nyla, what are you doing here?" I wasn't expecting you."

"Hyeon told me that you stopped by earlier?"

George gave her a pained smile that didn't seem sincere at all. "Sorry, come in. There was something that I needed to talk to you about anyways."