18 | Tournament

NYLA PUNCHED THE bag with more force then was necessary. She was taking out the frustrations of the last few days on the bag. It had been one of the worse weeks of her entire life. Renne was still getting calls from the members of the media about the incident and if they had any updates. Nyla was working close to seventeens hours a day.

The police wanted her full cooperation and they were doing their best to find out what happened. The companies other factories were also going through inspection to make sure that regulations and standards were being met.

The worse was when she'd visited the victim's families. Darius had accompanied her but the two of them hadn't really spoken much. There were tears from parents, lovers, and children. It was almost too much for her. The loss these people were going trying to cope with—they shouldn't have to. A fund had been set up and while the legal department and insurance companies paid the victims loved ones, Nyla had added her own personal donation. She'd left her office number if they ever wanted to get into contact while also providing free therapy sessions from the company physiatrist. She knew that not everyone could afford to get the help they necessarily needed.

Nyla herself had thought about visiting a physiatrist more than once but every day she'd been dealing with a different problem leaving her with no time. Her sleeping schedule was scarce but what made he most nervous was the early reports she'd received, it seemed like the explosion had not been an accident—but deliberate.

That's what terrified her. She didn't want to alarm the others, but she was almost certain that someone was after the company. Their bids for the land had been taken by others, and now this explosion was making her suspicious. She needed a motive but to her knowledge, Renne didn't have any enemies. 

Ignoring everything, Nyla continued practicing. She didn't realize the time until she heard the noise of multiple people entering the gym. She frowned and asked one of the workers behind her, "What's going on?"

The burly man spun around to face the crowd. "Fight should be starting soon. It's supposed to be a good one."

"But it's a Thursday night..."

"It got moved from the Friday. One of the boxers had a prior engagement."

Nyla nodded and made a move to begin packing her things. It was time for her to tailgate out of there. However, as she was about to reach the gym doors, something made her stop. If she went home, all she would do is think about her problems. She could stay and watch the fight instead. It would surely bring her into a better mood.

Making up her mind, Nyla turned back the other way to join the crowd. It was going to be quite a night.

♠♠♠♠♠♠

Nyla flipped through the files that were laid out in her lap. She had gotten more information from the police and it seemed like a highly flammable chemical was left out into the open before it was lit on fire. The guards hadn't reported seeing anyone suspicious around the facility which made Nyla think it was an inside job. However, she didn't know why someone who decide to kill themselves—as well as others.

Her phone rang and she saw from the caller ID that it was Hyeon.

"I'll be there in a bit," she said in a way of greeting. "I just had to stop by somewhere else today."

Nyla had gone to Raymond's grave earlier in the morning. It had been silent in the cemetery but instead of adding to her fears, it soothed her. After the media circus the last couple of weeks, she could use some time alone. Whenever she visited Raymond, it always made her wistful—especially since thanksgiving was coming around.