Chapter XLVI

My heart just about flies up from chest to my throat once he lets us go. It happens so fast that I don't even have time to scream, just gasp as we fall weightlessly to the ground.

But as quickly as we were dropped, our fall is stopped as we land back in his hand. My heart still beats away in my throat, though, as we collect ourselves. But there's barely any time for that before we're being yelled at.

"Look what you've done!"

As we're trying to get to our feet, Kaos lifts us back up to where we're at eye level, but that's not where I want to be as he looks as red as a bull now.

"Look what you've done!" He roars even louder.

"Whoa, whoa, whoa," I cut back. "You're the one threatening us, ready to rob us and everything."

"I'm the one that told you about that object," He snarls.

"Why'd you tell us about it if you only planned on taking it for yourself?" Chasan asks with a sharp glare.

"Do you really think someone of my size could have gotten it out of that secret tunnel?"

"I thought you said you wanted to take down Tymos," I argue.

"I do, and I would have after I secured that object."

"I told you that's what we were going to do- kick his ass then make him turn you back to normal."

He scoffs. "You think I am going stand by and rely on someone else to do what I have tried to ever since he cursed me?"

"I mean, you've had all this time to do it, plus you're a giant so what's the issue?"

"Tymos has powerful magic, size is fruitless compared to his sorcery."

Okay, so I will admit Tymos does have that up his sleeve. But regardless, I'm still not down with this backstabbing shit he's doing to us.

"You could have simply addressed this before we risked our asses for you," Chasan seethes. "You just used us."

Chasan right two times in a row? That's practically unheard of.

Kaos doesn't respond to that right away, merely glaring at us before looking away in the distance and replying-

"If you wish to be rejoined with your companions again then you will find the object and hand it over to me."

With our hands tied, we don't say anything as he begins to lower us down to search the ground, but as we both try to hop off, he prevents me from getting off.

"Only one of you searches," He says, lifting me back up.