iv. | up north

"So you're the Jaylani Mariee, no wonder you said I'll never get any privacy with you."

-----

"Seems as if you both have already met." Josiah interrupts their moment.

"You could say that." Shawn says awkwardly not expecting to see her so soon, he think he was going to see her again, but here they were face to face. Funny how fate works, but is this even fate?

Jaylani clears her throat making both of the boys in front of her look, "I should go, they might need me." Pointing her thumb behind her, before turning around and walking off before any of them could say anything.

"So how did you both meet?" Josiah asks curiously.

Shawn shrugs, he didn't want to talk about how they met, it would just add more awkwardness. Josiah knew there was something off due to Jaylani leaving quickly and Shawn avoiding the conversation.

"Wait did you both have a one night stand." Josiah eyes widens in realization, this makes Shawn cough loudly, choking on his own spit. This makes Josiah really think that they had a one night stand. "Dude, that would have been illegal, she's just 17 and you're 19."

"What no! We didn't have a one night stand!" He calms down from his coughing fit before Josiah fires another question at him. "Then why are you both acting so awkward with each other?"

Before Shawn could reply, Andrew, his manager interrupts, "Josiah did you tell him yet?"

"Tell me what?" This answers Andrew question, "So you haven't told him yet?"

Josiah shakes his head no making Andrew sigh, "Look Shawn don't worry about it now will talk about it later at the hotel.

He nods getting lost in thought, the image of Jaylani flashing in his head.

On the other hand, Jaylani walked through the crowd with an occasional excuse me, not wanting to anger anyone. It was just stuck in her head how she met him again. Like what were the possibility of bumping into a one night lover, 00.1 percent right.

No, in their situation there was a more higher percentage. Them both being famous, of course they were going to come across each other.

Another thing she could stop thinking about is how did she not notice that he was Shawn Mendes, especially when he sang, to her. Why didn't she dare ask his name?

"Lani." She snaps out of her thoughts. "Are you okay?"

She looks to her right to see one of the photographers she was working with, nodding. "Yeah, just saw an old friend. What else is needed?"

"Well there's one more performer left, I could hold down the fork. I'll send you the videos for editing tomorrow. How about you go and hang out with your friend" She brings the camera towards her eyes snapping pictures as the last performer came out.

The crowd goes wild, interrupting Jaylani from saying anything. "Go have some fun, you've been working all day, you need a break." Her friend shoos her away.

Jaylani walks backstage, putting her gear away. She walks to the back, going to her car, and putting away her stuff in the back of her trunk. The screams of the crowds we slightly more quiet making her sigh at the peace, suddenly a gently voice breaks the silent.

"Hey." She turns around startled. There stood in front of her was Shawn Mendes, hands in his pockets, his body swaying in the wind.

"Hey you." Jaylani replies, closing her trunk and leaning against her car, arms folded in front of her.

"Leaving so soon?" Shawn asks. She nods, "Yeah, gotta drive all the way North."

This makes him smile wide, "Toronto?" This makes her chuckle. "Yeah, my dad lives up there." There was a silence for a few seconds before Shawn interrupts.

"You driving alone?" He asks making her confused on why he's so curious. "If you are, maybe I could come with you? My team are headed up there too, since I live there too and I know we need to talk about somethings."

"Don't you find that a little weird?'' She walks to the driver seat turning on the car then turning back to Shawn as he replies.

"Yeah, I guess so, I should go then.." He turns around awkwardly before walking a few steps. "Shawn." Jaylani yells slightly. He turns around as she walks up to him, patting his shoulder, "You're driving and don't hurt my baby." She says patting the top of her car as Shawn chuckled.

"Yeah, yeah." He holds his hands up in defense before putting them down. "I gotta get my stuff first, and tell my team, yeah?" Jaylani replies with a simple okay before entering the passenger seat, Shawn closing the door for her and walking back to the event.

Shawn enters the room that was assigned to his crew, everyone chattering and not noticing he had entered. He packs his stuff and opens the door to leave but then a voice stops him. "Where you headed Shawn? We have a flight to catch soon." His manager calls out making everyone's attention turn to him.

"Oh yeah, can you just cancel my bookings, I'm just gonna drive up there with a friend." He blushes, trying not to smile at the thought of him spending hours with Jaylani again. "A friend eh?" His friend, Geoff teases him, "Do we know her?"

Shawn shrugs looking a Josiah, who starts to speak, "Shawn I may be stupid but I know you, and I also know Jaylani." This makes everyone buzz in excitement, especially his stylist, "Has Shawn finally found a girl? Let me just say, Finally." This makes everyone laughs, but Shawn groans.

"No she's not my girlfriend, but I got to go, can't keep her waiting." He closes the door as his crew continues to talk about conspiracy theories about them both. Shawn laughs as he walks to the back lot.

Jaylani pulls out her camera and laptop, starting to edit the videos and photos. A thud comes from the windows making her jump and hit her head against the roof. Shawn opens the door laughing, Jaylani groaning and rubbing her head.

"Seriously Shawn, not cool." Hitting his arms, as he got in. He turns around gently throwing his stuff in the backseat.

"Sorry, sorry, sorry sike." He joked around, making her laugh, "You know Billie?" She asks, scrolling through her spotify to play some music. He nods, taking out his phone and putting the address to Toronto into his GPS.

"Great now we can both listen to her and cry." He drives out the back lots and drives to the highway that would take them to Canada. Billie's song, idonwanttobeyouanymore plays softly in the background setting a comfortable silence.

The drove on the highway for a few minutes before something pops in Jaylani's head, "Roll down the windows."

"What?" Shawn was utterly confused, "It's snowing, and you want me to roll down the windows."

"Yes Shawn, a little bit of snow and cold won't hurt a bit will it?" Shawn rolls down the windows, making Jaylani giggle. The wind blows through their hairs, the breeze making Shawn's cheeks redden a bit.

"Come on Shawn, live a little." She laughs pushing his shoulder. Shawn chuckles turning the music louder, one of Drake's many songs drowning out their laughter.

-----

Hope y'all enjoyed, this chapter took me like 2 weeks, soooo....

- A 🌻