vi. | views

He sighs, turning to her, gently kissing her forehead, wrapping his arms around her, pulling her closer.

He was falling all in her.

-

As the sun rose, light begins to seep in through the curtains. The warm radiation hitting Jaylani's face, forcing her to stir awake. Jaylani opens her eyes only to close them again due to the brightness of the sun.

Shawn arms were still wrapped around Jaylani which confused her. She finally open her eyes to be more confused. Shawn's arms falling beside her as she sits up, in awe of the view in front of her.

Shawn wakes up admiring the view in front of him, grabbing his phone from his nightstand, and taking a picture of Jaylani.

"Send that to me, please." She turns around, eyes widening at the sight of Shawn shirtless. Blushing before turning around.

"I'm in love with this view, I might even start living here." Jaylani teases.

"Which view?" Shawn teases back, making Jaylani giggle, "Oh definitely the one in front of me, I mean look at that, it looks better than a six pack of pudding."

Shawn acts hurt and scoffs jokingly, "You're saying that you love that view more than this." He points to his abs. Jaylani glurps, nodding, "Yup."

Jaylani stands up, "Which ones the bathroom." She asks pointing to both doors to right of her.

"The left." She nods before going to the right door. "I said the left not the right."

"Oh I know." She yells from inside the closet. Jaylani grabs one of Shawn's many hoodies, before putting it on and walking out.

Shawn chuckles, "Oh so now we're on the stealing hoodies stage, first you gotta be my girlfriend before you can even take one."

"Oh you wish Mendes." She laughs walking into the bathroom. "Do you have any spare toothbrushes."

"Yeah, bottom right drawer." Shawn gets up from the bed, heading to his closet and puts on a shirt.

Just as Jaylani had finished brushing her teeth, Shawn walks in. "Oh come on Mendes, you're covering up the view."

"Come on J, you were just complaining about it earlier and now you wanna see it. I mean I would gladly take off my shirt again, just tell me when."

Jaylani laughs, making Shawns cheeks go flustered. He just couldn't get enough of her. "You are one of a kind rockstar." She walks out into the room. Jumping onto the bed and snuggling into the white cozy sheets, Shawn later joining her.

She then remembers how she needed to start editing the photos and videos from yesterday. "Where did you put my stuff? Did you even bring it up?"

"Of course I did. I'll get it." Shawn stands up walking to his drawers, "What do you need?"

"Just my camera and my laptop." Shawn nods grabbing her stuff before walking to the bed and handing it to her. "Thank you."

She starts editing the stuff needed as Shawn sits next to her on his phone. They continue to talk, sitting in a comfortable silence from time to time.

Once Jaylani finishes she closes her laptop sighing, before placing her stuff on the nightstand right next to her.

"I'm in desperate need of food." She stands on the bed pulling Shawn up. "Please make me food."

"How about we go out, I don't really have any ingredients to make a meal." He heads to his closet grabbing a pair of shoes and putting them on. Jaylani follows his lead, grabbing her phone, and putting on her shoes. Shawn grabs his wallet and keys from a small bowl that was kept on the table right next to the door.

-

They were currently at Tim's before Shawn finally asked the question that was eating him alive. "Why did you just leave?"

"Hmm?" She puts down her drink. "Why did you just leave me that night, I mean without even trying?"

"Shawn, on that train I didn't even know who you were. I just thought you were a normal person and you told me you wanted to be a normal person, I knew that if we became friends that would just ruin everything." She sighs, "I'm really sorry, I really am Shawn."

"Just don't leave me again, please. Can we just try to make this work." Jaylani hesitates but then nods her head. "Of course, as long as you do the same. Deal?" She sticks her hand out for Shawn to shake. "Deal." They shake hands, chuckling getting cut off by Shawn's phone.

"It's my manager mind if I take this?" Jaylani smiles, and replies with a simple okay. Jaylani watches Shawn walk off only for him to walk back. "Back so soon Mendes?"

"My manager wants to talk to both of us." He puts his phone on speaker. "Hey, grandpa Gerty, how are ya?"

Andrew laughs, "Hey Lani I'm good, how are you?"

"Gerty you have to help me I've been stuck with a loser all day." Shawn gives her a death stare, only to break into a smile. "Okay Gerty tell me what you need so I can eat my food."

"Well Josiah has been telling how great of a photographer you are and how you're really good at visual editi-" Andrew was suddenly cut off by Jaylani. "Yeah, yeah, thanks for flattering me but cut to the chase."

Andrew chuckles, "How do you feel about helping film Shawn's new music video?"

-----

Wow, I am on a roll. Look at me updating again, oh what fun.

- A 🌻