vii. | music video

Andrew chuckles, "How do you feel about helping film Shawn's new music video?"

-

It had been weeks and it was getting closer to the time to film Shawn's music video for Particular Taste. During those few week Shawn and Jaylani has gotten closer, they were inseparable.

They were always together, well except for a week when Jaylani left to stay and spend time with her dad, and also going home to London, to check up on the fashion industry.

During that week Shawn had never felt more lonely, missing his best friend desperately. He drove out of town and spent the week with his family, who filled the hole in his heart. Who knew they would be so attached to each other.

The day had finally come when Jaylani was finally coming back to Toronto where they were set to film. Shawn was nervously waiting in his living room waiting for the door to open. He had given a spare key to Jaylani a week in to her 'living' with him.

Jaylani didn't plan on staying with Shawn while she was in Toronto but he begged her to stay, and she couldn't say no, especially when she loved watching the morning views.

The doorknob wiggles signaling that Jaylani was finally here, Shawn jumps up from the couch and heads to the door, throwing it open only to find his mom standing there with groceries in hand. "Mum, what are you doing here?"

He lets his mother in, and follow her in the kitchen.

"Eager to see me or did you think I was someone else cause never in my life have you greeted me like that." Shawn blushes, "Yes I have mother."

"Only when you want something, now what do you want." Shawn was about to reply, he was cut short by the door closing.

Jaylani places her keys next to Shawn's before taking her shoes and coat off.

"Shawn, I'm here." Shawn's mothers eyes widen realizing why he was so eager to open the door. Shawn thought she was Jaylani, "So that's why you opened the door like that. Am I finally going to meet a girlfriend, after years?"

Jaylani comes into the kitchen, seeing Shawn and his mom. Shawn's mom turns around to see Jaylani standing there awkwardly, "I didn't know your mom was going to be here. I could go."

"Oh no, hunny stay, I came here to surprise Shawn, but turns out that I'm the one being surprised. What a beautiful women you are, Jaylani right? You're mother is really talented, I really love her newest collection." Shawn's mom and Jaylani continues a conversation as Shawn begins to cook lunch.

His mother's and Jaylani's laughters ringing in his ears, they were getting along, which made him happy. He finishes up cooking, placing the food in front of the two ladies sitting, chatting away.

As they ate they continue to talk, Shawn putting in put when needed. He was right there in the dining area with two people he loves, but his mind was somewhere else.

"It was lovely meeting you Mrs. Mendes but I'm still jet lagged and tired." Jaylani stands up, grabbing their plates and putting it in the sink.

"Oh darling it's fine, I enjoyed meeting you. Get some rest, I should get going soon too." Jaylani nods, before turning to Shawn, "Wash the dishes will you?"

"Of course, I'll be up soon." Shawn starts washing the dishes as Jaylani walks off to the room.

"How are you guys not dating?" She starts putting the dishes away, "You guys seem like you are."

"I don't know mom, we just met and it seems so soon." Karen closes the cabinet, she had just put the plates, "It doesn't matter if you just met, if you feel like it's right go for it."