cessation

ANOTHER SELF PROMO BUT THIS ONE IS FOR CESSATION

She looks out the window, the window that separated her from the coldness of the outside. It had just rained leaving a crispy atmosphere behind. As she looks out, the city lights were blurred due to the raindrops that had covered her window. She sighs, going back to her bed.

Closing her eyes, she tries to go to sleep since she needed rest for the day ahead, but she couldn't, there was just so many things in her head. These things were slowly killing her.

The lights in the hall open, a shadow appearing under her door, blocking the light that was seeping in through the tiny crack. The door creaks open, there appearing her mom. She sits up, moving a bit more allowing her mother to sit next to her.

"Hey hun, how are you doing." She ask as she carcasses her check.

Tears suddenly roll down her cheeks, "Mom, I can't sleep, I'm trying so hard. I just can't, I'm so tired, I just wanna sleep. What is wrong with me, why is this happening to me?" This breaks her mother's heart, she sighs pulling her closer into a hug.

"I don't know hun, I don't know. If I could do anything to take your pain away I would" Her mother comforts her, it breaks her to see her daughter in pain.

They laid and talked, as the sun began to rise. Through the drawn window, the light invades into her dark room filling it with a morning glow. Her mom realizing that it was time for her to get ready for work. She rubs her tired eyes, yawning.

"How about you stay home from school today and get some rest yeah?" Her mother says before getting out of the bed. "I'll be back as soon as I can."

She lays in bed, watching her mother leave her room. She closes her eyes, trying to go to sleep but she just couldn't. She tried everything, she even tried counting sheep, but nothing works.

-

The sound of pots and pans clanging to each other fills her ears. She rolls out of bed wrapping the thin sheets around her body before heading down to the kitchen, the stairs creaking as her feet padded onto them.

Once she enters the kitchen, she hit with the aroma of coffee and bagels. She sits at the island, watching her mother prepare herself lunch since she was finished with breakfast. She maneuvers her way to her daughter that was staring at the marble counter in front of her.

Placing her breakfast in front of her, she goes to her side, kissing her temple, "Don't worry about anything, just get some rest."

"Mum, I tried, I tried and tried, I just can't." Her heart saddens, as her voice cracks. She finally realized what was happening to her.

"Oh baby," She hugs her daughter in front of her. "I wish I could help, I really do, but I have to head out to work. I'll take the day off tomorrow, okay" She nods, before silently eating her food.

Her mother had just left for work, leaving her in her own thoughts. As she finished up in the kitchen, she felt fatigue. She heads up the stairs making it to her room, before crashing in her bed and falling into deep sleep.

-

Heavy footsteps echo the house, stopping the white plain door at the end of the hall. Small knocks surround her room making the girl stir in her sleep. The door finally opens, the women realizing that her daughter was asleep. She walks up to her bed sitting next to her small, petite body.

"Sweetie, wake up I made some dinner." Her mother gently shakes her.

Hearing the door open, I tried looking up to see who it was, but I couldn't. A darkness surrounded me, leaving a heavy weight on my chest keeping me from moving. I tried screaming for help but they only thing that came out was nothing. A large hand wraps around my neck, suffocating me. Suddenly I'm being besieged by a darkness greater than before.