v. | j

"Come on Shawn, live a little." She laughs pushing his shoulder. Shawn chuckles turning the music louder, one of Drake's many songs drowning out their laughter.

-----

As bundles of trees start to increase, they were approaching the border, leaving the city that never sleeps behind. The snow started getting heavier, the windshield wipers thumping every few seconds, creating a snug feeling.

Jaylani was asleep, tiny snores slipping out of her mouth. Her head leaning against the cold window and a blanket that she kept in the trunk was wrapped around her.

Shawn brought the cup of hot coffee to his lip, trying to keep himself awake. He would usually be really tired after events such as earlier, him almost driving for 3 hours straight, with one quick pit stop made him more tired.

Realizing that there was nothing left in his cup he sets it down into the cup holder, tapping his fingers on the wheel to the beat of the song that was currently playing. He drives off the highway, making his way to the nearest gas station.

He was in need of another coffee refill and was also in need of more gas. He notices an empty gas station up ahead.

Once he was parked, he shuts the door as quiet as possible not wanting to wake up Jaylani up, but of course she stirs awake. Fully waking up she realizes that the car had stop and Shawn was not right next to her anymore.

She opens her door to let the cold air in, the breeze waking her up more. The doors to the small shop opens as Shawn makes his way to the car, coffee in hand. "You know you didn't have to pay for the gas. You could have woken me up." She says, making Shawn jump and almost spill his coffee.

"You scared me." He puts his hand over his heart. He opens the door sipping his coffee before placing it down in cupholder. "Yeah, but I'm just the one the that's riding in your car.''

"Which is why I'm gonna drive." She goes over the centre console, before fully sitting down in the driver seat and adjusting it, "You have really long legs."

Shawn chuckles before opening the gas tank, filling the tank up.

"You are just short." He comes leaning against the frame of the car door.

"Well not everyone can be tall like you." Jaylani turns so that her feet hangs out, Shawn standing in between them.

"Okay J." Jaylani's heart flutters at the nickname Shawn had just given her.

Shawn then finishes up with the gas before going around to the passenger seat, "Let's go, yeah?"

Jaylani starts the car once again, before heading back on the road. The rest of the ride was filled with laughter and talks, getting to know each other more and more.

-

Shawn was now driving again with Jaylani asleep right next to him. It was like that night all over again, but he wanted this night to end differently. He didn't want Jaylani to leave again, this time he's going fight for her.

Jaylani wasn't planning on leaving him. This night made Jaylani realize that she needs to be more open, to trust him more. She was finally letting someone in.

Shawn didn't want to wake Jaylani up to ask where to drop her off, so Shawn make his way go his apartment complex.

Shawn parks next to his own jeep before turning off the car, grabbing his and Jaylani's stuff before going to the passenger side to car her.

Once Shawn was confident enough that he has everything he needs, he locks Jaylani's car. He heads to the lift, pressing his floor. As he waits he struggles getting his keys out his pockets.

Shawn finally gets into his apartment, walking to his room, placing Jaylani on his bed. Shawn places their stuff onto his dresser before taking his shirt off and changing into sweats.

Shawn tucks Jaylani in before making his way to his side.

He sighs, turning to her, gently kissing her forehead, wrapping his arms around her and pulling her closer.

He was falling all in her.

------

What a sucky chapter, it's also a filler and I suck at fillers.

- A 🌻