xi. | anna and rapunzel

Shawn does a little victory dance before entering the bathroom. While Shawn showered Jaylani changed then sat at the vanity than was in the room. Looking at herself in the mirror, she smiles at the previous events.

Never had they did anything like that, there was so much lust, it left her wanting even more of him. She finds herself digger her own grave, and she was enjoying it.

-----

Shawn's voice echoes throughout the arena as he and his team got ready for another big event. Jaylani was off to the side, watching in admiration. That was until she was chased off by Brian for drinking his coffee. She ran off to the crowd of seats trying to hide but each time she was found.

"Jake please help." Jaylani had hid behind him as he stood there arms crossed in the mixer booth.

"Out of here kids we don't need anything to get broken." One of Shawn's crew member jokes. As Jaylani tries to escape, Brian grabs her and twirls her around making her laugh.

"Hands off my girl Brian." Shawn's voice booms through the arena's speakers. Brian teasingly hugs Jaylani from behind, then kisses her check. This makes Shawn chuckle at his best friends childish behavior.

Brian leaves to help out backstage, as for Jaylani, she goes to the top row and watches Shawn from there. Even if they were both a speck to each other due to the distance, they still maintained eye contact.

Jaylani smiled widely as Shawn sang his heart out for her. Once Shawn had finished Jaylani claps loudly enough for it to echo.

Jaylani skips down the stairs and makes her way backstage in search for Shawn. Suddenly a pair of arms wrap around her and she turns around to see Shawn. Sweat dripping from his forehead, she grabs a napkin from the table beside her and wipes it, before giving him a hug.

"You were amazing baby." Jaylani praises Shawn making him chuckle and smile. "That's because I had my number one fan to cheer me on."

Shawn cups Jaylani's cheeks with his large hands, "You're cute." He leans in and gives her a quick peck, only to lean in again and kiss her.

Brian clears his throat making them separate and look up at him, "Um Shawn, Andrew needs to see you." Brian says weirdly, as he rocked on the heel of his foot.

Shawn nods, before giving Jaylani another peck, "I'll be back soon, yeah?" He walks away leaving Brian and Jaylani there.

"So you really love Shawn huh." Jaylani's smile widens at the realization that she does love Shawn. Even if they both haven't said it yet, they did truly love each other.

"Yeah." Jaylani replies before Brian awkwardly walks away.

"What was that all about?" Jaylani thought, but quickly shook those thoughts away once she saw Shawn and Mike coming her way.

"We're going to the Urth Caffe for lunch." Jaylani nods before following Shawn to his changing room.

"You okay?" Shawn ask as he hugs her, "Yeah. It's just that Brian has been acting a little bit weird don't you think?"

"Yeah he has, I'll talk to him later okay." Jaylani nods snuggling into him more, before he lets go to change. Jaylani gathers their stuff, secretly trying to put Shawn's wallet in her purse.

"Nope, not a chance J. I'm going to pay and there is nothing you can do about it." Jaylani groans, "Come on Shawn just this once." Jaylani begs as she watches Shawn gather his stuff.

"Fine, if it'll make you happy then I'll let you." Jaylani's heart swell, she never knew the feeling of love and now that she was feeling it, she didn't want to lose it. "Let's go, the teams probably waiting on us." Shawn intertwines their fingers together before making their way outside.

-

"Rapunzel isn't the one in Frozen, that's Anna." Jaylani laughs.

They were just sitting in their room at the Woodshed, talking until they started talking about Disney princesses, which Shawn barely knew anything about. "Then who is Rapunzel?"

"Rapunzel is the one who has long hair but then she cut it." Shawn's eyes widen in realization, making Jaylani laugh louder. "I can't believe you didn't know the difference between Rapunzel and Anna, come on Shawn you're better than that."

"Very funny J, it's not like I watch all Disney princess movies on my free time, I have a life you know." Jaylani gasp, "I do have a life, and I don't watch Disney princess movies in my free time, it's just common sense Shawn." She crosses her arms, turning away from him.

"I know, I was just kidding baby." Shawn rolls over to her and wraps her in a hug, "I'm sorry."

Jaylani laughs, snuggling more closer into Shawn. The warmth feeling of his arms surrounds her as the smell of his sweet cologne fills her nose. Shawn quiet, lovely hums fill her ear making her drift off to sleep.

Shawn combs his long fingers through her hair, admiring her beauty as she peacefully slept. His heart was overflowing with his love for her, he never knew that he could feel something so strong. She had him wrapped around her finger, he's in love with her.

A loud knock fills the room making Jaylani wake up. Shawn unravels his arms around Jaylani and sits up, walking to the door. Shawn unlocks the door, opening it to Brian. "We need to start recording."

Jaylani sits up, rubbing her eyes as Shawn closed the door and sat next to her. "For how long was I asleep?"

"Not long, maybe ten to fifteen minutes. You wanna come down with me?" Shawn ask taking his phone off the charger, going to the door and opening it.

"I'll be there in a few, I'm just gonna call my mom." Shawn nods before closing the door, but then opens it and walks to her just to kiss her. Jaylani giggles before pushing Shawn away, "Go they're probably waiting for you."

Once Shawn had left Jaylani opens her laptop, and starts a face time call with her mother. Her laptops rings for a few seconds before her mother's face pops up on the screen.

"Lani, how's LA?" Jaylani smiles widely. "It's been great! I really miss you."

"Mom?" Jaylani looks down at her hands nervously, her mom weirdly looks at her screen," Yeah, are you okay?"

"Yeah mom I'm okay. It's just." Jaylani stops speaking for a moment. Was she going to finally admit her feelings, "I'm in love with Shawn Mendes."

-----

What a chapter eh? Just a few more chapters and this book is coming to an end. I love you all so much and thanks for the 1k reads. You don't know how happy that made me. Anyways I hope you chickitas are having a great day and all!

-A🌻