viii. | family

Once they had finished, they fix up their stuff before leaving and heading to the jeep. Jaylani seated in the passenger seat and Shawn driving with one hand on the wheel and the other intertwine with Jaylani's, he turns to her giving his award winning smile, his cheeks slightly turning pink.

If you thought this was love, you haven't seen nothing yet.

-

"Shawn please stop." Jaylani laughs as Shawn sat on her, tickling her sides.

It was an early peaceful morning that consist of laying next to each other and telling childhood memories before Shawn thought it was funny to tickle Jaylani.

Shawn leans down, their faces so close to each other that Jaylani could feel the hotness of his minty breath. Just staring into each others eyes, Shawn looking into Jaylani's honey like eyes and Jaylani staring up into his plain hazel eyes.

Shawn lowers himself more so that his lips were right next to Jaylani's ears making her face get hot, "Never." Shawn whispers before continuing tickling her.

"Shawn please stop." She gasp for air, trying to push of a heavy Shawn off her, but it was no use. "Shawn come on, I'm hungry."

"Fine J, I'll let you go this once." Shawn gets off her, getting out of bed pulling Jaylani with him.

"What's for breakfast?" Jaylani asks, following Shawn as they padded towards the kitchen. "I don't know maybe we could go to Tim's?"

"Wait maybe we could go to my house, I usually go there on Friday nights but we could go there early." Shawn says making Jaylani's eye go wide, "What, no, I can't."

"Come on you already met my mom and she loves you, my dad and sister will love you." Shawn begs Jaylani, he even jokingly goes on his knees. "Nope," She struggles to pull Shawn up but gives up once she realizes that she would never get him to come up.

"Please J, I promise you, you won't regret it." He continues to beg. No matter how many times Jaylani would hear Shawn calling her by that nickname she would never get tired, her heart would always melt and beat faster as if it was the first time.

"Okay fine." Jaylani finally agrees, making Shawn jump up and hug her. "Yes, yes, yes. Now go get ready cause you always take forever. We don't want to get stuck in traffic." Shawn pushes her up towards the room.

Jaylani opens the door and goes right to her suitcase pulling out some clothes, "Which one?" She ask Shawn, one hand showing him a navy blue off the shoulder dress while the other held up a mustard yellow shirt with some flower designs. Shawn points to the dress, before going back to finding something to wear. Jaylani nods before going to the bathroom to change.

Once she was done changing she takes out her makeup bag, as she started putting it on Shawn comes up from behind her, "You know you don't need that right?"

Jaylani nods, "Yeah but I want to look presentable."

"Okay if it's that you can only put these on." He grabs a natural nude pink pallet and hands it to her, also grabbing light pink highlight, chapstick, and mascara. "Wow Shawn you actually know makeup, I'm surprise." She says as she puts on some highlighter.

"Well after I did this interview and had to do makeup, which I totally sucked on, my sister taught me some of the basics." Shawn explains before grabbing setting spray, gently grabbing her face, "Close your eyes."

Once they had finished in the bathroom, they head down grabbing their shoes and Shawn grabbing his keys. "What should we bring?" Shawn asks, as they head out to the lift.

"Maybe some grilled breakfast wraps from Tim's?" Shawn agrees, entering the lift, Jaylani following behind.

"When's the next day we're filming?" Jaylani ask, Shawn taking out his phone going to his calendar, "Monday, we're supposed to fly to LA after that."

"Why LA?" Jaylani ask, exiting the lift before heading to Shawn's Jeep. Shawn unlocks the car, and holding open the door for Jaylani before going to his side. "We're filming some scenes there and we're also going to the Woodshed to record some songs."

Jaylani nods before opening her phone, checking emails and replying to them. She then goes on instagram, it had been a while since she was on this app and once she opened it she was bombarded with a lot of rumors.

"Have you been on instagram?" She lets out a deep chuckle, reading what everyone was saying about her and Shawn. "Yep." He makes a left turn, making it to Tim's, "Do you want me to tell them to stop?"

"No, it's fine. None of them are true anyways."

-

Shawn parks in the driveway of a small town house. The exterior gave it a homey look, colorful plants perfectly scattered the front yard. A small porch screen in the corner of the porch swung slowly due to the wind.

Once they made it to the front door, it was thrown open by a brunette girl, throwing her arms around Jaylani, "OMG, It's finally nice to meet you, I've heard so much about you. Come in." Jaylani was suddenly pulled into the house by the girl, Shawn following behind with the food chuckling at the girls.

"Liyah let her breathe." Shawn closes the door, as his mom, Karen come trudging towards them. "Jaylani! You look nice today." Karen opens her arms and hugs Jaylani. "Thank you, it's one of the new up coming summer collections, I'll be sure to send you some."

They then let go of each other, "I would love that, thank you so much."

They all walk to the dining area, Shawn places the food on the dining table as everyone sat down, everyone started to eat and continue the conversation, Karen and Aaliyah asking questions and talking about past memories.

They all laugh as Jaylani told them a story about how embarrassed herself in front of her idol. "I can't believe you tripped in front of him." Aaliyah laughs hard, clutching her stomach and leaning forward.

"It was my first time walking in really high heels," Jaylani explains as they had finally calmed down from laughing.

They finished eating, Karen stands up collecting their trash, Jaylani also helping. They walk into the kitchen, "You know you really make him happy."

Jaylani looks back to Shawn and Aaliyah, to see them teasing each other. "He makes me happy too."

Shawn looks towards Jaylani and his mom, her smile also making him smile. "Man you are whipped." Aaliyah punches Shawn's arm.

Shawn's mind goes back to the conversation with his mom from a few days ago. His mom was right, it didn't matter how long they knew each other, all that matter was how they felt for each other, but the real question was did Jaylani feel anything for him?

Shawn comes into the kitchen, "Jaylani can I talk to you." Shawn heartbeats became fast and hard, making him wonder how no one could hear it at this point.

"Yeah of course," They walk out to the porch, Shawn getting straight to the point.

"I really like you, like really like you. I know it might be too soon but I just had to get it off my chest." He stops talking for a moment, but then continues. "I don't care what other people think, I just wanna be with you, so be mine, maybe?"

-----

What a bomb dropper am I right? Hope y'all enjoyed, I've been feeling very motivated lately, ha.

- A🌻